The Bragatorium

Rabe

the living dead
Registered
Reaction score
Hey now!

I noticed that the horror forum around these parts has a 'local brags' sticky thread wherein the members can point out where their work is going to appear.

And I noticed that I don't see one of those over here in the "spec fic" zone!

Why not?

I mean, people could mention that they have a story currently apprearing RIGHT NOW at Wild Child in their fiction section. They could say it's a beautiful, moving speculative fiction piece titled 'Soldimehndi'.

I mean, I think <most> of the people around here are good enough to go read their stuff when it comes out. So why no sticky thread for that purpose? I mean, really, some people might just want to rush right over to Wild Child in order to read some great fiction, or maybe some other place.

I mean, *I'M* going to go righ to Wild Child and check out the fiction links to see if there's anything good there to read. I'm sure I'll be able to find *something* great!

*cough cough* soldimehndi *cough cough*

But hey, if the moderators don't allow that kind of thread over here, what can we do?

A bloody coup is what! Seize the power!

Rabe...
...off to take his meds now...

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Such a hypothetical writer would also be quite welcome to post his upcoming story in the Horror forum local-brag thread, too...since there IS a lot of crossover. :)

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
:roll:

Well, it appears there's a "local brags" thread now, and it's off to such a good (hypothetical) start!

(Edit: RATS! After four perfectly good-looking links, would you believe the Wild Child site is down?)

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Rabe.

Not only is your story published at Wild Child in their fiction section, you are the very first poster in the newly stuck brag thread.

Hope you don't mind my taking liberties with the title thereof. :)

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Rabe, you rule. And, *cough, cough* I'm sure you had a terrific editor, one who saw how fabulous your story was. Hypothetically, of course...

Jenna: You must have checked out Wild Child when Marci was putting up new content. The site is back, and better than before...

Okay, then. Another brag.

My dark fantasy, "Hunger," appears in the current issue of Byzarium.

HConn

Whore for genre
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.harryjconnolly.com
Well...

Okay. I have a story coming out soon from Black Gate. It should be in issue 10, probably next summer.

This is my third sale to them. The first was in issue 2 and the second in issue 3. In fact, my first ever sale is still on the site as part of that issue's promotion (warning: it's a long story--about 10K words--and contains adult content. It's also green text on a black bg. Yeesh.)

Anyway, it's a good magazine, despite the fact that they've stuck me in the table of contents.

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, dragonjax and Hconn.

Where's the table with the signed copies?

Rabe

the living dead
Registered
Reaction score
dragonjax said:
Rabe, you rule. And, *cough, cough* I'm sure you had a terrific editor, one who saw how fabulous your story was. Hypothetically, of course...

Jenna: You must have checked out Wild Child when Marci was putting up new content. The site is back, and better than before...

Okay, then. Another brag.

My dark fantasy, "Hunger," appears in the current issue of Byzarium.

Well Dragon,

Aside from being an absolute terror with a 'suggested' revision (which was only 'suggested' in the same way that a mugger 'suggests' you have a choice whether or not to give them your personal valuables, ;)) she was a fantastic sweetheart.

I just *love* editors that see class, talent and a great story with such immediacy! I believe the world needs MORE editors such as this!

Congrats to you and HCONN on your 'brags' as well!

McAllister, I 'hypothetically' thank you! And I almost posted this in the "horror" forum but didn't feel the story was sufficiently 'horror' enough to go over there. I'm hoping to be able to 'brag' over there someday as well!

Pthom, you can take as many liberties as you wish, as long as it doesn't involve the 'veto' or the 'delete' functions! ;)

Everyone else! BRAG AWAY! It's gonna be some long, dark nights soon and we all want good stuff to read!

Rabe...

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Rabe, dragonjax, and HConn!

OK, I'll brag here too.

Earlier this year, my story "The Ice Miners" was published by Continuum Science Fiction Online. http://www.continuumsciencefiction.com/story.htm

This month, my story "An Invitation to the Castle" is the cover story in the first issue of Walking Bones Magazine. http://www.walkingbones.com/

Stories accepted but not yet published:

"The Detective Between Cases," Walking Bones, scheduled for Nov. 2005
"Mulholland's Enchanted Grove," The Fortean Bureau, scheduled for Dec. 2005
"The Milagroso Trail," Realms of Fantasy, haven't heard what issue it will appear in yet

spacejock2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spacejock.com.au
Not so much a brag, but a couple of years ago I had four short stories published in print mags (three in Andromeda Spaceways, one in Potato Monkey).

Now that a decent amount of time has passed I've put all four on my website as PDF files

Cheers
Simon

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Okay, I'm proud to announce the publication of my newest ebook novel, Protector of Seaswams from Double Dragon Publishing.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
First Ever Published Work of Fiction

Wild Child Publishing has taken and published my work, Fever, in their Halloween special. I'm rather proud of myself, and you guys helped out, too, in this work's earlier versions, in the SYW forum. Ok, go read it. *grin*

http://www.wildchildpublishing.com/

Yay!

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Congratulations to all of you.:Clap:

But please answer this: What the heck is a Sticky? I see it on several threads and it is starting to get to me. I checked FAQ and it came back with "no match"

Yet there it is, again and again, STICKY...... ????:Shrug:
How is a Sticky different from a regular thread?

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
"Sticky" just means that the thread is "stuck" to the top of the forum so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. That's all. :)

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Cool stories HConn.
Black Gate is certainly a great mag. Just wish it came out more often.
I have a story in the upcoming issue.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Just sold a short story to the new e-zine Staticmovement, run by an ex-AWer, Chris Bartholomew. It's called Future School.

Also just got an email and phone call from an agent who wants to see the hardcopy full manuscript of Planet Janitor. This request came from a query only!

Am I dreaming? Nice shots to the ego when I needed it most.

Tri

spacejock2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spacejock.com.au
triceretops said:
Just sold a short story to the new e-zine Staticmovement, run by an ex-AWer, Chris Bartholomew. It's called Future School.

Also just got an email and phone call from an agent who wants to see the hardcopy full manuscript of Planet Janitor. This request came from a query only!

Am I dreaming? Nice shots to the ego when I needed it most.

Tri

Congratulations, and best of luck with the novel.

Cheers
Simon

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
I am pleased to announce the publication of Guardians of Riverswams from Double Dragon Publishing. This is the second book in what is the An Age of Heroes series.