ACA website actually working? Don't worry...you can just fake it!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/...ents-from-obtaining-insurance?detail=facebook

California Republicans are desperate and shameless. In the past two weeks, GOP Assembly members have sent mailings out on what appears to be the state's dime to their constituents about health insurance. Only, they don't direct those people to CoveredCA.com to sign up. Instead, they send them to their own astroturf version with the url CoveringHealthCareCA.com.

On their version, there are links to negative articles and twisted messages intended to sour people on signing up for health insurance before they ever land at the official health exchange site.

Well, I really wanted it to be fake.

Then I went to the website.

Absolute joy.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen better website design.

It's not terribly subtle either:
Q: I’m healthy and don’t think I need insurance. Why does the federal law require that I purchase health insurance?
A: Drafting young healthy adults into any health-care reform package is crucial to paying for it. Young healthy adults are often referred to as young invincibles. Young invincibles or healthy adults visit the doctor very seldom and are money makers for insurers and medical groups that contract to provide them services. As low-cost additions to insurance pools, young adults would help dilute the expense of covering older, sicker people. Depending on how Congress requires insurers to price their policies, this group could even wind up paying disproportionately hefty premiums -- effectively subsidizing coverage for the less healthy.