I've got a Pagan cookbook that was just accepted by a publisher!

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Well, I'd cook a pagan, but I just can finish a whole one..
;)

Seriously, congratulations. Can't wait to see it!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Congrats! I'm curious. Is it a cookbook publisher expanding into a niche market, or a pagan publisher getting into cookbooks? :Huh:

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious too. Can you share any descriptive details, or are you wanting to keep it all under wraps?

Congratulations!

Kalisara

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm curious. Is it a cookbook publisher expanding into a niche market, or a pagan publisher getting into cookbooks? :Huh:
It's a small press pagan publisher from the UK. They do all kinds of pagan-related books, but I believe this will be their first cookbook/kitchen witch foray.

I'm curious too. Can you share any descriptive details, or are you wanting to keep it all under wraps?

Congratulations!
Well, I'll just give you a quote from my synopsis:
[FONT=&quot]"Today’s Pagans want to connect more of their magic and spirituality with their everyday lives. Kitchen witchery is an excellent way to do that, but many books on the topic involve processed foods, expensive ingredients, or high-end kitchen appliances.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Today’s Pagans are conservative with their time and money, and many young and middle-aged people were raised in two-income households where TV dinners were the norm. This combination has resulted in a demographic that wants to cook, but is largely unprepared to do so.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have created THE EASY PAGAN’S GUIDE TO MAGICAL COOKING, a cookbook that embraces a practical cooking mindset, with basic equipment and easy-to-follow instructions, and pictures, to alleviate fears that a complex recipe is coming out right. I focus on making things simple for those who, like me, have grown up not knowing how to really cook. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What I have come up with is a new style of cookbook; one that focuses on core recipes, provides common variations, and includes the magical element that allows Pagans and witches to bring our spiritual lives into our kitchens every day.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have 20 core recipes, most with several variations. Each recipe consists of up to eight sections and sidebars, including “Necessary Ingredients” and “Making it Magical”. The procedure of each recipe is detailed, with little culinary jargon and no need for guessing how to do the work. Each recipe uses basic and inexpensive equipment and ingredients, making it easy for anyone to cook.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Additionally, the menu planner at the end gives a sample menu for each of the Sabbats, as well as for monthly Esbats. You can follow the suggested menu, or create your own based on the information in the “Making it Magical” section."[/FONT]

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, sorry I missed seeing the answer to our questions sooner. Yes, it does sound really cool. And unique. Don't think I've seen anything that quite so fully explores that connection between everyday food preparation and magic. Nice!

:)

Karen Junker

Live a little. Write a lot.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CascadeWriters.com
This is so great! I just had the idea to do something like this other other day (I'm preparing Solstice dinner for a group of witches) and was thinking how it's a shame I'll never get around to it :)

Let me know if you would like me to tell our local magical shops about the book when it comes out (I'm in the Seattle area). I will buy several copies myself!

Kalisara

Registered
Reaction score
I love how much support I'm getting for this from various groups online. I think that being able to tell the publisher that I have all of these online connections really helps them make the decision to take on something that they may see as more risky, like a newbie author. I will certainly keep you all updated. You can also get updates on my FB page here. This community is so awesome and supportive!