Please read! AW member needs our help!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Long time AW member, fellow writer, and friend to many, Beth Bartlett (AW name: plaidearthworm), and her husband have lost everything in a devastating house fire this week. They and their pets are safe and are in the process of starting over.

Unfortunately, of the things lost were Beth's computer, and her backup file which was in her purse (also gone). She is specifically requesting from writers, that if anyone has beta-read for her in the last fifteen years and still has the files on their hard drive, if they could email them to her at plaidearthworm [at]gmail [dot]com, she would be grateful.

Locally, their community is looking for temporary housing, clothing, pet food and household item donations, but from outside the community, Beth's writing communities, monetary donations are indeed needed and would be very helpful. If you are able to make any monetary donations to help, a fund has been set up for the family at Community First Bank through Karen Halper (479.253.0566 ) Bartlett Benefit Fund, or directly to Beth via Paypal to egbartlett[at]earthlink[dot]net.

If you would like to send a check: please make it payable to Bartlett Benefit Account. You can send them to First Community Bank, Attn Karen Halper, PO Box 231, Eureka Springs AR, 72632.

It is a devastating loss for them, particularly as the holidays approach. Anything you can do to help Beth is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
This is so awful and I know exactly how Beth feels. We lost our home in a house fire and all but the clothes on our back a week before Christmas in 2008. I lost all my writing stuff too and I know how devastating that is. Recovery from this kind of loss can take a long time. Thanks for the heads-up and links. You're a good friend.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Sending prayers, good wishes and a check.

Hope she's able to recover her books somehow.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poor family. I'm glad they are unharmed, but still...
:(

Seeing what I can do.