Have you ever done drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I know this is like asking, "Do you have a navel?" but I'm sure there are some puritanical sorts still in circulation who've yet to sample the divine weed. Personally, my college experience is one big contact buzz. Whenever I was down in the dumper, all I had to do was walk into a lavatory in the philosophy or art department and I'd be on Cloud Infinity Plus One. I even got rides home from a pregnant, pot-smoking, retro-beatnik, Sicilian girl who perpetuated my CBs all the way to my doorstep. I remember walking upstairs with the pictures on the wall gyrating and the rises wobbling, like I was in Waking Dream. After oxygen, marijuana smoke is the densest component in the collegiate atmosphere.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm innocent. My body is a temple.

*cue sound of water bong gurgling*

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Alright. In all seriousness, I haven't done anything since 1993.

Optimus

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not stupid enough to have ever done any drugs. Haven't even smoked a cigarette.

I care about myself too much.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I actually have never used any sort of illegal drugs. Unfortuately, I spent a year addicted to Vicodin and at least 3 years in an alcohol induced fog...but I have never smoked pot.

WDS

Registered
Reaction score
Never done drugs, don't drink alcohol, don't smoke. I find it all to be gross and I don't even like taking stuff I should like antibiotics or advil.

Inspired

Registered
Reaction score
I've done Benadryl.

That experience convinces me to never try any illegal drug.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Yes. In 1979, I dropped Acid. It was a terrible experience, and I was scared to death I would become a song idea for Jefferson Airplane.

Although my main gang in High School smoked pot, I always refused, and was never pressured. I'm talking massive potheads here, and they never pressured me.

It was the smoking I hated. My parents were chain smokers and I detested the idea of it. (My dad eventually died of throat cancer from smoking.)

Of course, I did crystal meth, which is terrifically fun in the beginning, but a horrible time coming down.

Cocaine several times ......see crystal meth, but more expensive.

I don't have an addictive personality and frankly, didn't care for the feeling of being out of control until the drug wore off.

I have known a few friends that threw their life away for drugs. A heroin addicted mother; a crystal addicted mother. The second killed herself because of the debt her habit caused her.

Just as alcohol can ruin a life, so can drugs, illegal or prescription. I don't recommend them.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
There were three different illegal substances that I used to be quite fond of. Acid, X, and of course a little Mother Nature. Actually, I can't say I am not fond of them now even though it's been a long time. It was always a VERY "few and far between" kinda thing anyway. I never had a bad experience. It was always just as I thought it was gonna be or better. Once in a while hubby (back when he was *boyfriend*) and I would have the opportunity to remove ourselves from reality for a while and it was always fun. No regrets.

On the flip side, someone very close to me just graduated from a 6 month intense rehab. Her choices were of the highly addictive kind. She is very fortunate. She's one of the few who ever walk away from what she did. She almost lost her family, her home and more than once, even her life.

Last edited:

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I did some sampling in high school, but can honestly say I have not used any illegal substances since about seventeen years ago.

My body might be a temple, but it's also an art gallery and dance hall.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
eldragon said:
I'm talking massive potheads here, and they never pressured me.
My experience too. Sometimes I wonder if the phenomenon of "massive peer pressure" is a bit of something cooked up by some kids who got caught.

I smoked pot with my friends in my late teens and early twenties until it occurred to me that all I wanted to do was eat and entire bag of frozen corn, then go to sleep. Viewed objectively, this is not much of a party.

I ate ergot mushrooms once and wonder if maybe it shouldn't be mandatory rather than illegal. It was a good day.

That was all fine and fun and once I'd grown out of that scene it was nice to leave it behind. I do enjoy getting halfway through the third glass of wine (and stopping at that point) from time to time now and I have quite a fondness for Grey Goose Dirty Martinis - very dirty. (It's not sexy unless one is turned on by olive juice and, in that case, seek professional help - today.)

I saw a documentary once detailing the efforts of animals in the wild to get high. You've not seen anything until you've seen a drunk giraffe cavorting over the savannah - it's very fun.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have I ever done drugs? Uh, yeah. Quite a bit, quite a few kinds. Not lately. No heroin (too scary), no cocaine (bad sinuses).

Having kids changes everything. Answering their questions about drugs was not fun.

Maryn, whose drug of choice is now a sauvignon blanc, light on the citrus

Last edited:

Squidgygirl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myoccasionalblog.blogspot.com
I smoked some pot now and again a few years back.

I know a few people who take lots of cocaine and ecstasy, who think I'm just so amazingly sweet and innocent because I haven't ever take it, but again I've never had any pressure from anyone to try it and have no inclination to do so because I don't like the thought of what it could do to me.

I had to come off anti-depressants two years ago - after going through those withdrawal symptoms I don't think I'd like to actually try and come off something that doctors describe as addictive!

Now, my poison consists of a good red wine if I'm treating myself, or a couple of glasses of beer now and again.

Wow, I've shocked myself at how boring I've become!! :e2thud:

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
When I was a freshman in college, I had a roommate who smoked pot pretty much every day. I tried it about a half dozen times, but I never felt any different after smoking it, and I didn't like the smoke. I did get my highest score of the year on the dorm's pinball machine after a little hashish, though.

Never tried anything harder.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I've smoked some pretty weird things like tea, cinnamon, pizza, dry leaves, china paper and notebook pages in the last two months. Pizza was the weirdest one, since I didn't even know it could be smoked. Anyway, I've never smoked any of that again, it was just to see how it tasted.

As for drugs, I don't feel like smoking weed 'cause in a party a guy smoked weed next to me and the next day I had the worst headache in my entire life. No thanks.

I have tried compressed air. You know, the kind you use to clean keyboards? Well if you take it, it's a drug. I did it for fun a couple of times, and nothing worse happened than not seeing things right, listening to everything as though I was underwater and speaking as if I had recorded my voice and played it at slow-mo (which is quite hilarious). Anyway, I got scared one day that I took too much of it and I suddenly found myself floating in a timeless vacuum, surrounded by nothing but tiny points of light. Haven't taken it since then.

I drink now and then. And every time I drink, I do it with my parents' permission and in their prescence. Nothing stronger than a good glass of red wine. Yummy :)

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Perks said:
I ate ergot mushrooms once and wonder if maybe it shouldn't be mandatory rather than illegal. It was a good day.

I'm with you all the way on that one, Perks. I had a friend in college who had really low self esteem, and one day, I gave her mushrooms to eat. She came out of the bathroom and said to me, "You know what? I just realized that there is nothing wrong with me!" How is that a bad thing?

I've done most things I've come in contact with. I don't really do anything but Scooby Snacks anymore. I've even given up cigarettes, for the most part. But whenever I hear someone say, "Why would anyone want to do XXXXX? It isn't healthy!" I can't help but equating that statement with someone who has never eaten chocolate cake saying, "Why would anyone want to to eat chocolate cake? It makes you fat!"

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
i huff gold spray paint... just to get my head together.
And here I thought you'd had yourself gilded.

Maryn, who thought only your silences were golden

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Drugs are bad because they alter your brain chemistry...

So does chocolate.

Personally, I find it incredible that we legalize alcohol but not pot. Talk about screw up in the head.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
I've never done any illegal drugs. Had friends which done it, but it never influenced me. I didn't knock them, as long as they didn't force me. While always having a sinus condition, the odor was enough to keep me away.
I've never smoked a cigarette completely...I tried one of my sister's once and HATED IT! Didn't understand what she got out of it.
I'm very careful about taking any legal drugs. I do drink sociably while my choice of drinks are burgundy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.