Promoting my website

unhappened

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I have just started a site on WordPress, (unhappened.com), and need advice on how to get traffic.

The aim of my site is to promote a remarkable novel by someone else, not me, and I believe once it gets going, once word gets around, I believe everything will be fine.

I have added my url to as many search engines as I could find, (which probably accounts for all the visitors so far), I have emailed web-promotion companies for advice, to which very few have even replied, except to ask what I am selling, (a person), then ask for money I cannot afford.

I am a student of arts with limited funds, and I don't have much technical knowledge, but I have unlimited faith in my project of introducing the world to the most remarkable, strange, challenging, and beautifully written work I have ever read, and I have read heaps.

I do not subscribe anywhere, rarely comment, or have any efriends, (I have a few physical friends), so I am not exactly gregarious, more a quiet loner, but I am more than willing to do what it takes, even selling my old car and pay someone to get my site noticed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thankyou,

Lauren Wills

Last edited:

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Hi Lauren, and welcome to AW! :welcome:

Clifforis has already pointed you towards a most excellent thread. You might find other good advice in that room, too (Book Promotion Ideas and Advice).

At any rate, i'd encourage you to look around the entire forums a bit; you might find you like it here :) We're a board for all sorts, from quiet loners to loud extroverts, and there's more great info here regarding writing and publishing than you can shake a stick at.

See you around the Cooler! :)

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. There are a lot of threads about promotion around here. Enter it into the Google custom search at the bottom left of the page, and you'll probably get some good threads.

Hope you stick around.

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome unhappened

Put your URL into a signature line , visit all forums and subforums on here and post half a million posts.

In the meantime
Come visit Jed's pub or Old Farts Thread And Infirmary for some food, drinks and medications (<--- OFT)

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
Lauren

first welcome to the cooler and yes you will find a lot of good advice around here.

as to promoting social media is a big thing. Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc. all are just tools. but none of them are effective with out followers. so to build traffic you need something to pull people in. i wish you the best o luck and have a great day.

bluediamond

The scribbled word is alive!
Registered
Reaction score
dreamhost

Welcome unhappened
I am just as new to this as you are, and I hope you will stick around and by us all a drink (preferably alcohol). If you don't know what I am writing about, visit jed's pub (a sticky thread), that is the happening.

Ladybird

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Lauren,

Have you checked out a website called Shout Me Loud?
It offers useful SEO tips. Have you started a FaceBook page which links back to unhappened.com website? Nab a twitter account using the name. You might not need it now but could prove useful in the future. Contact bloggers who interview authors; I undertstand "virtual" book tours are becoming a popular way to promote books.

You are a very kind friend working on their behalf. :)

Hope your friend is successful.
LB

Last edited:

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
Maybe check out my blog for tips on promoting your website. :)
I have a lot of helpful articles and different tools for free!

Also you can check out the SEO and Blogging section of forums!
Thank, Enjoy the forums!