Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT US ALL?

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know much about Indiegogo, but if you key in "Kickstarter" (use the search function, go to "advanced," then click on "titles") there are quite a few. I think a lot of it works the same way, and some of those threads probably mention Indiegogo as well.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I prefer to support Kickstarter projects because I've already got an account there. I'd supported an Indiegogo if I really believed in the project, but I'd still grumble about creating another account...

I rarely put money into book Kickstarters though. (The last one I can remember supporting was Chuck Wendig's Terribleminds campaign.) The author would need to be a friend or have a very solid track record to win my support.

Indiegogo also charges as soon as you back a project, and it can take 5 days to get the refund through. I really don't like that -- I prefer the Kickstarter way of only taking payment once the campaign is over and successfully funded. This stopped me funding the Linux phone because it was too much money to throw at a risky project.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.