Not open for further replies.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Do you have anything that puts a pokemon to sleep? Hypnosis or sleep powder? Ralts eventually learns hypnosis if you have one, but I can't remember what level it does.

You can ask us about what's good, too. :) Bulbapedia's a great resource too.

No, I have nothing that has sleep yet, and I have a Ralts in my group (I call him Melonhead, secretly, he doesn't know) but he didn't learn hypnosis yet.

I've read that I can try just throwing a Great Ball at the Abra. We'll see. Otherwise I'll go back. I'm just hesitant to move on before I caught everything.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
No, I have nothing that has sleep yet, and I have a Ralts in my group (I call him Melonhead, secretly, he doesn't know) but he didn't learn hypnosis yet.

I've read that I can try just throwing a Great Ball at the Abra. We'll see. Otherwise I'll go back. I'm just hesitant to move on before I caught everything.

Eesh, I just looked it up. Ralts doesn't learn Hypnosis until level 37!!! I forgot it was such a late learner, but then the next thing is Dream Eater (only works when the target's asleep), so it makes sense. A great ball should do the trick. Good luck!

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Argh. I spend more time trying to think of good nicknames for my Pokemon than training them.

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
Argh. I spend more time trying to think of good nicknames for my Pokemon than training them.

This helps me. Most of the time they're pretty stupid, though.

I think most nicknames sound stupid to everyone else. My last team was Lady (Gardevior), Pyrefly (Chandelure), Boneteeth (Garchomp), Icebite (Walrein), and Mr. Kitty (Jolteon).

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
This helps me. Most of the time they're pretty stupid, though.

I think most nicknames sound stupid to everyone else. My last team was Lady (Gardevior), Pyrefly (Chandelure), Boneteeth (Garchomp), Icebite (Walrein), and Mr. Kitty (Jolteon).

I'm working on names for my new Eevees.

My old Eevees were Espy (Espeon), Shadow (Umbreon), Izumi (Vaporeon), Lightning (Jolteon), Summer (Flareon), Winter (Glaceon), Leafa (Leafeon), Tsunashi (Sylveon).

It's hard to come up with name for the same species multiple times, and I have lots of Eevees.

Last edited:

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
I tried giving them names in X. Then I noticed that I had no idea which Pokémon people were talking about... now I'm not naming them to first learn their actual names, so I can understand who people are talking about.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I tried giving them names in X. Then I noticed that I had no idea which Pokémon people were talking about... now I'm not naming them to first learn their actual names, so I can understand who people are talking about.

I don't name my in-game team, just the ones I breed and EV train.

My new Eevees are Bright Eyes (Espeon), Sirius Black (Umbreon), Merlin (Vaporeon), Cloudfoot (Jolteon), New Hotness (Flareon), Snowy White (Glaceon), Samurai Jack (Leafeon), and Saruman (Sylveon).

I swear, Eevees would be so much easier to name if more than 1 in 8 were female.

KarmaPolice

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, memories. Just re-played Ruby (Absol, Mightyena, Swampert, Skarmory, Banette & Ninetales), and decided to get a FireRed (had Yellow at the time, and personally hated that damn mouse). Got the re-make one. Buy it in, looks good. Works fine. Get to first Gym. Save, turn off. But save doesn't work. Much head-scratching involved. Turns out I've been dealt a dud. Game & seller passed all my 'fake tests' when buying it - only lack of three-pin screw on back gave it away (after it arrived, obviously).

And the kicker? I'm a fairly hardcore collector of consoles and associated crap for nearly 20 years. Talk about feeling stupid. Now have to make long, long Christmas journeys without it. Damn...

Isobel Lindley

writing as Eleanor Beresford
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.eberesford.com
Hahaha... oh, dear, that is absolutely why I have no idea of the names of any of the Black/White pokémon .

I still can't resist naming them.

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
So, my son finished playing Pokemon Yellow (in that he captured Mewtwo... which he calls R2D2.) I was thinking of letting him play Pokemon Ruby next, since the Generation II games no longer hold a save file and I never got far in Ruby.

I did want to ask first, though, aside from Lileep/Anorith, are there any other Pokemon in the game that are the "pick-only-one" type? Or Pokemon you only get one of? (Thinking less of the legendaries and more like Eevee in Generation I games). Might be nice to know before I move all my current Pokemon and start a new save file.

Thanks in advance! (ug... okay, pun tended, I suppose.)

Last edited:

Nautilus

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I don't if it's still any use, but I think castform, wynaut, and beldum are the only other one-of-a-kind gift pokemon in R/S.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else psyched about Pokemon Sun & Moon??

New trailers with the new starters are up!

Check out the Japanese trailer, too, which is way better than the English version.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
As usual, I'm going to be starting with fire, be tempted to start with the grass, and have no interest whatsoever in the water. Poor water starters keep getting shafted on art.

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm far too excited about Sun and Moon. I've only recently completed my Dex, now trying to complete a shiny Dex (for those that aren't shiny locked anyway). Looking forward to having even more to collect :D

I always pick a grass starter so I'll be going with Rowlet but I feel bad for poor Popplio. It's so unpopular.

shivadyne

brushing off the diamond dust
Registered
Reaction score
I always pick a grass starter so I'll be going with Rowlet but I feel bad for poor Popplio. It's so unpopular.

popplio's so cute though! :cry: i always end up picking the one that i find cutest and i am 100% biased towards cats so i'll end up with a litten probably.

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
I think they're all cute - well actually, not Litten so much. Which is odd, considering I'm a cat girl. But Rowlet is just too adorable not to pass up. My BF is thinking of pre-ordering both. This means I must start beating 3DS games soon. Which I only play when I'm out and about. XD

MurderOfCrows

Registered
Reaction score
For me, I have to get Rowlet, and a copy of Moon.

I cannot, cannot, cannot pass up a Bat legendary.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
If you'll recall the opening of OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire:

machoke-moving-1.jpg

machoke-moving-2.jpg

Someone pointed out this nice touch in the Japanese trailer for Sun & Moon:

machoke-moving-3.jpg

machoke-moving-4.jpg

Last edited:

tiakall

*lurk*
Registered
Reaction score
Looked over the info for Sun/Moon and my first thought was "ANOTHER male professor? groan." C'mon, Game Freak. Will probably go with Litten, but holding out until I see their final evos.

In related news, signups for the Pokémon Go beta are now open.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Looked over the info for Sun/Moon and my first thought was "ANOTHER male professor? groan." C'mon, Game Freak.

[old]
Back in my day, we didn't even have the option of a female player character.
[/old]

I was disappointed HeartGold and SoulSilver replaced Kris (the female player character from Crystal) with Lyra (not that she isn't cool too).

Kris holds a special place in my heart for being the first time I played myself in a video game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.