AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Call for submissions: Infinite Science Fiction -- 0.01/word

Call for submissions: Infinite Science Fiction -- 0.01/word

Infinite Science Fiction will be a collection of short science fiction stories. We are looking for good SF that breaks away from the tired tropes of the genre. We define SF as broadly as possible. However, please note that fantasy, horror and magic realism are NOT science fiction.

Pays .01/word for the first 4000 words.

Guidelines:http://www.infiniteacacia.com/submis...nce-fiction-1/

practical experience, FTW
    Do you accept reprints?

Quote Originally Posted by espresso5 View Post
    Do you accept reprints?
    Unfortunately no, we don't at this time.
    Thank you for your interest.

practical experience, FTW
    This sounds interesting. I'm bookmarking this.

Would a story about a new scientific method/protocol count as "Science Fiction" if it tells the tale of the protagonist's attempt to find this method, or would that be considered too realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by WriteRex View Post
    This sounds interesting. I'm bookmarking this.

Would a story about a new scientific method/protocol count as "Science Fiction" if it tells the tale of the protagonist's attempt to find this method, or would that be considered too realistic?
    Sorry for the time it took me to come back to you. I'm subscribing to this thread for future questions.

To answer yours, as long as there is a story in there, nothing's too realistic. In fact, we absolutely don't mind realistic. SF doesn't have to be all robots and green little men (and women).

So, feel free to send it over.

practical experience, FTW Abderian's Avatar
    Has anyone heard anything from this publication yet? I submitted a story at the end of October last year.

Well, the website for this publication is now defunct, and I'm the last submitter awaiting a response on Duotrope. What to do? Withdraw I suppose, but I can't find the email address.

Quote Originally Posted by Abderian View Post
    Well, the website for this publication is now defunct, and I'm the last submitter awaiting a response on Duotrope. What to do? Withdraw I suppose, but I can't find the email address.
    Apologies for the technical problems we've had. My mistake for not coming here to check on my post. I'll make sure to correct that in the future.

Though (obviously) submissions have closed for this call, we'll more than likely follow up ISF1 with ISF2. If you'd like to be notified when that happens, please send me your email address in PM.

Should you happen to write urban fantasy, we'll be accepting stories for UF shorts from the end of September until the end of of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by RMG View Post
    Apologies for the technical problems we've had. My mistake for not coming here to check on my post. I'll make sure to correct that in the future.

Though (obviously) submissions have closed for this call, we'll more than likely follow up ISF1 with ISF2. If you'd like to be notified when that happens, please send me your email address in PM.

Should you happen to write urban fantasy, we'll be accepting stories for UF shorts from the end of September until the end of of the year.
    I think it would be helpful to have a contact email on your website. Normally, writers can contact a publication to check whether a submission is still under consideration, or there's a cutoff date for responses. Your website also lacks other standard information for writers, such as whether simultaneous or multiple submissions are allowed.

figuring it all out
    Wait, I'm confused; is this thread still in working order?