Feedspot

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
Anyone heard of this? I just got an email from them saying I had a number of followers from the site but I'm not exactly sure who they are.

MumblingSage

Inarticulate Herb
Registered
Reaction score
A quick google search reveals it's an "RSS" reader.

So does your blog have RSS subscribers through them?

(My understanding of RSS feeds is superstitious at best--*magic!*)

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone heard of this? I just got an email from them saying I had a number of followers from the site but I'm not exactly sure who they are.

Do you have RSS active on your Web site/blog? Feedspot calls itself both an online RSS feed reader as well as a Google Reader replacement.

Google Reader had the ability to use Google's Web crawling to pull articles from source sites. I'm not sure that Feedspot does that or doesn't. It has a big banner on on the front page announcing, "Join us for beta testing and get perks."

So it doesn't look fully mature yet. I was very happy with Google Reader.

Did you have a question about it?

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
Man, you guys are asking me questions I don't know anything about. I am so not blog savvy. Ah well, guess I'll have to do some research on this stuff.

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
It's an RSS reader. It scans the content of websites you give it the address for and has sort of an -email like interface that lets you read posts/articles on those sites, or at the very least alerts you to the existence of new content.

The main take-away is that someone liked your blog enough to keep up with new content. Anything more than that is not necessarily helpful to worry about.

Most commercial blog software (Wordpress/Blogger/etc) automatically generates RSS feeds for readers to add to their favorite aggregator.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

Someone liked your blog, and had an account at Feedspot.

They pasted in the URL of your blog into a form on their Feedspot account, and Feedspot "discovered" your RSS feed (It's in the Head declartion of your blog's HTML, among other places).

So that got you into the Feedspot database of blogs, where other Feedspot users could find you, and of course other people who know about your blog could also subscribe to your RSS feed via feedspot.