can you recomend something historical dystopia?

Amberly

Registered
Reaction score
Website
caswebb.wordpress.com
Hi guys

I've been working on some idea's for my next wip and I'd like to try flipping a historical event on its head, kind of like Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, but set in a dystopian future.

Has anyone read any examples of this? Would love to devour some that have been done well before I try writing my own.

Thanks

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
I know there are plenty of 'what if the nazis won' novels out there but one 'what if' that I think would be intriguing given all the conspiracy theories about global warming and about 9-11 is, what if Al Gore had become president instead of Bush?

Unless you're wanting something further back in history. I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for, exactly.

Amberly

Registered
Reaction score
Website
caswebb.wordpress.com
I know there are plenty of 'what if the nazis won' novels out there but one 'what if' that I think would be intriguing given all the conspiracy theories about global warming and about 9-11 is, what if Al Gore had become president instead of Bush?

Unless you're wanting something further back in history. I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for, exactly.

At the moment I'm not sure, thanks for the food for thought. I think Australian fiction is a lot harder to find than American based historical, and of course things that shook the world like the Nazi's.

Maybe that's what I'm looking for, writing something Australian based that the world will eat up :)

Finnmc

Registered
Reaction score
There's Romanitas by Sophie MCDougall. It sets the story in modern times with the twist that the Roman Empire never ceased to exist.

I do have to say that I only read about a page or 10 in it because I found it not very realistic that an empire would keep the same customs (slavery, crucifixion, etc) for 2000 years.