• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Mountain Springs House / Mountain Springs Publishing

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
The "welcome page" looks like it's geared to authors rather than readers. There's that "dream" red flag:
Our highly qualified staff have years of publishing experience and will take the greatest care in helping you to achieve your literary dreams.
Their genre list is, uh, interesting: "Action, Children’s Books, Crime, Dystopian, Erotica, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Horror, Non-Fiction, Paranormal, Poetry, Psychological Thrillers, Romance, Sci-Fi, Short Stories, Westerns, YA"

Only five authors listed so far. Books are on Smashwords as well as Amazon.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
We offer authors a personalized publishing experience with a staff that truly cares about you.​

I don't want a staff that wuvs me.

I want a staff which has experience in editing, cover design and marketing. And the Editors page makes it clear this is just another amateur startup.

Mountain Springs was founded by bestselling author, Allison Bruning​

I checked her books on Amazon. She's been published by Amazon Digital Services, CreateSpace and Mountain Springs.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
It appears to have vanished into the ether. Here's an optimistic interview with Allison Bruning which appeared shortly after MSH was launched in 2013:

https://thefaceofbusiness.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/mountain-springs-house/

There's a sad little comment at the end:

Peter Kayo ZincheteraJanuary 4, 2017 at 7:55 am
JULY 2015 I signed contract with Mountain Springs to publish my two novels: Speaking for the voiceless many and Tears of an orphan girl. My emails and letters to publisher, asking the position of editorial work/manuscripts are not replied to. I am from Malawi, Africa.