• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for someone I did a beta for

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonangel517

A.K.A CoffeeWench
Registered
Reaction score
In 2012, or possibly 2011( my memory ain't worth crap) I started a beta for someone, but then had to drop out because of time constraints in RL.

The book was very good, and has been on my mind lately. I would love to finish it. Problem is, I cannot remember the authors name and all I have is the incomplete files I downloaded to beta. I tried googling it, but no luck.

The name of the book is or was, could have changed--The Last Dragon. It is about a young man who can see ghosts and takes a dragon ghost as a symbiont.

If anyone knows this book and the author,or if you are said author, please let me know so I can get in touch. I would gladly buy this book if it is for sale anywhere.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just a maybe, but in 2007(!) a member named shadowdragon posted in a "last paragraph you wrote" thread about a ghost dragon. See it here.

I suppose it's possible the work was completed some time later, and you started a read for its author.

Maryn, who used the Google search in the lower left corner of the screen to find this

dragonangel517

A.K.A CoffeeWench
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Maryn, that does sound like it could be the right book. I will pm her.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fingers crossed that she sees it. I was afraid she might no longer be at AW at all, but she was here July 1st of this year. Not all that long ago, really.

Might you still have the email she used to send it? That might reach her sooner.

Maryn, who loves a happy ending

dragonangel517

A.K.A CoffeeWench
Registered
Reaction score
Not her. She pm'd me. Hopefully someone else will see this and help me out.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Found it?

Dear [Agent],

More than a century after magic returns to our world, a young man discovers a traumatic skill that allows him to connect to ghosts - the first such gift in generations. Rescued from an asylum’s clutches by the mysterious man known only as Ash, Garrett finds himself caught up in a war between science-bound Techs, god-following Houses, nature-attuned mages, and Ash’s small band of outcasts determined to lose. Garrett is partnered with the ghost of a legendary creature and set to work trying to save the world that abandoned him, all the while slowly uncovering the truth of how the war began and a malevolent mystery underneath Ash’s plan to bring peace.

THE LAST DRAGONS is a complete, standalone novel at 140k words, but has potential to continue into a series. [etc...]

Last edited:

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Something funny is wrong with the hyperlink, Parametric. This one should work.

dragonangel517

A.K.A CoffeeWench
Registered
Reaction score
She hasn't been active since May, but I hope she is just lurking.Maybe she is out promoting her book!!

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
This is such a weirdly compelling thread. I keep coming back to see if you've found success. Now you're obligated to post again when you reach the author, dragonangel. You can't let this story go unfinished! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.