• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for YA mystery/Parnormal Romance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetwheat

Registered
Reaction score
I know so many people are over paranormal romance novels, but I'm hoping to find someone who still loves them and is willing to give my manuscript a chance! :)

I have a query letter and I started to send some submissions, but then I realized I have a huge problem. Basically, I will only send you the first 100 pages and all I'd love for you to help me with is the relationship between my MC and her interest. From first contact, to conversations, to her realizing she likes him, to him finally telling her he feels the same way. I feel like somewhere I am missing something. Something like...the need for me to show them getting to know each other more so that their love-feelings are more believable. But I am stuck as to how and where to bring that to life.
That's honestly all you'd have to focus on because that's all I want to focus on right now. Well, okay, that and chapter one. Just your thoughts on it and how it's working out.

If it sounds like something you're interested in, PM me and I can give you my query letter so that you may have a better sense of what my ms is about, and you can tell me if you're still interested.
You can let me know of what experience you have and your turnaround time if you'd like. I would like to know a little about you, what you like to read and write, but it's not mandatory.

Thanks so much for your time and consideration :)
-Karla

Status
Not open for further replies.