• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seasoned beta needed for Spiritual Animal Farm style story

Status
Not open for further replies.

visionarywriter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a beta reader for my visionary fiction novel, Forever Valley. It's been beta read twice, and I'd like it read through one more time before I send it off to my editor. I would prefer a reader who is familiar with the visionary fiction genre or who appreciates spiritual—non-religious themes.

The book is intended for adult readers due to some disturbing visual scenes. However, both my daughters insisted on reading it for their literature class and had no trouble dealing with the imagery. Some deep philosophical discussions came up, which made me think that children might benefit from this story. This is another aspect I'd like input on.

Forever Valley is about a group of animals that have a shared vision of an apocalyptic event. There are 65,000 words in the novel, and the themes covered deal with karma and forgiveness. This story is very special to me as I see it as my way of standing up for animal rights.

Either message me or leave a comment if interested. I will send a couple of chapters first and get your opinion to see if we're a match. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.