1K 2Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lori Basiewicz

Back On Track

I've gotten myself back on track the last couple of days. Finally got the scene written I'd been avoiding and things are moving almost on their own again.

Thing is, this has become a habit, a good habit. I can see myself continuing the 1K 2Day long after November '04 has faded into dust.

How's everyone else doing with the challenge? Getting over your own slumps? CC, have you regained the ability to taunt us by writing on your on WIPs?

batyler65

Re: Back On Track

Hey...

Well, after running around in circles all week writing and rewriting some of these scenes trying to make everything flow and not wander off into the land of nonsense... I'm left with this vague notion that I worked very hard but had nothing to show for it.

I'm happy to report that as of today, I'm back on track and have gotten my 1k 2day! I also have a big chunk of time to devote to my project tomorrow, so I'll try to make up for lost time.

~B

Lori Basiewicz

Back On Track???

How's everyone else doing with this? I'm finding the goal of writing 1K every day is actually making me write, but... I had two days where I wrote less than 300 words last week and then I didn't write any on Sunday.

I've been taking Sundays off for a while now and it's hard to break that habit -- I have to have at least one day to sleep in, run errands, recycle the stacks of paper lying about, etc. -- so after November or even during November, I'll probably keep slacking on Sundays.

batyler65

Re: Back On Track???

I'm giving it a solid effort... but some days the words flow like cold tar. Or worse, I do things like discover I need to cut four whole pages which makes my word count go the WRONG way! ACCCK!

And right now, the holidays are threatening to kick my butt.

Barb

Cate

The Goal

Lori
I am not writing 1,000 a day, but I may be averaging that. It does help, and I think we should do this again in Jan!

(Dec. is lost to most of us . . )

Cate

Kida Adelyn

Re: The Goal

I didn't write on my novel two days in a row. Ack. Must keep going.
I did write on other things though.
I think after nov. I'm going to do 5k a week. It'll give me some slack because mondays don't exist and sundays come pretty darn close:p

Status
Not open for further replies.