• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Readers Wanted! Science Fiction Novel about Close Encounters (CE-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felsenstein

Registered
Reaction score
Hi community!
I'm looking for some beta readers who prefer SCIENCE FICTION.

coversmallp4xr3.jpg

To make it simple for you to decide whether it's something for you or not, I'll list some points, what the story IS and IS NOT.

It IS:

- a science fiction novel, partially based on true backgrounds
- about the first contact between man and "the others"
- about social aspects of the human kind, about alternative lifestyles & philosophical ideas off the mainstream
- a bit sort of a modern "Robinsonade" (a critic said, it reminds very on H.D.Thoreau's "Walden" - but for mad scifi fans ;))
- into "some" techno-babbling
- a pretty "quiet" story, not shooting here, killing there
- ~400 pages long, ~102.000 words, has 23 illustrations

It IS NOT:

- a weird & wild story about spaceship-battles or a political galactic-federation-type saga
- about man battling with bloodthirsty, slimey ETs
- about ET invading earth (in a bad meaning)

I surely forgot to add something of this and that, but you don't need to hesitate, just ask me!

If you decide to read the book, most important for me is your opinion; how was the read generally??

Why?

I don't understand the English language good enough to judge, whether the translated version tells the story the same way as the original does. Should still be kinda fluently, logically, entertaining, challenging the reader's mind...

In case you decide to read the novel, please, if you find "strange" things while reading, I'm grateful if you just mark them and tell me how to do better. This for mistyped words, interpunction or bad grammar. Nevertheless, no need to read line-by-line for this purpose. But if, a big thank you! :)

Also I'm open for alternative idioms, slang and so on. I trust my translator very, very much, nevertheless I'm open minded enough to play with alternative solutions, what can spice up a described situation or how a person in the story speaks.

Please comment on the posting or send me a PM, if you want to give it a try. I'll provide you with a .doc or .odt - so you can edit right into the text.

I'm so curious now... ;)
Ava

PS: As a little Thank you, beta readers will receive a 45-minutes music download. It's a jarresque music album that fit's the mood of the novel. I hope, this helps to start reading and to dive into the world of my protagonist. ^^

Last edited:

Savant99

Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps post a word count instead of a page count; 400 pages could be anything depending on the font type and size. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.