Braggage III

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Much of my wordage these days is taken up with mid-to long length stuff (novellas or novels), but I did write another short story with the Monster Society co-author. We got an acceptance in under twelve hours. Woohoo!

The second story that I wrote is in the September issue of Grantville Gazette. Not sure when this third one will run. (There are more stories in the series, this is just the third one I've written with Eric.) Still excited that they seem to like our work. :)

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the sales, Aggy! :-D

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
I've got something that's almost (though not quite) Braggage, but I hope it's fun.

I guest posted about "Character Rebellion" at the MotiveMeansOpportunity mystery writer blog. Topic: What happens when your characters won't cooperate with what you envisioned for them?

In my case, characters in my grave robbing WIP decided robbing graves is too much hard work, so they issued a list of complaints! To say the least, they're making me crazy -- so I'm considering replacing them.

If you have a minute, drop by for a chuckle.

https://motivemeansopportunity.wordpress.com/

Best wishes,
Peter

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, JJ! (And how come you were outed? I seem to remember the same for CoW. This is the Braggage thread - brag a little! Give the rest of us some hope. ;-) )

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Congrats, JJ! (And how come you were outed? I seem to remember the same for CoW. This is the Braggage thread - brag a little! Give the rest of us some hope. ;-) )

Heh, sorry, I keep thinking I'm going to wait for the story to come out, forgetting that people will see it on SG before then. :)

But thanks, everyone. I truly could not have come this far without AbsoluteWrite. *hugs AW*

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Yay JJ! :)

I tried it briefly, but I couldn't handle being non-anonymous on SG. Not that I'd mind anyone knowing about rejections, but when I made a sale I felt horribly self-conscious about the whole thing. But I still love seeing other people's names go by that I know :)

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Woot! Congrats JJ and all others! I'm not here often enough, but love to see this thread grow.

I have two things out now!

1. A novella, the first in a Novella Series called Kaiju Revisited from Apokrupha (they do lamplight): Marta Martinez Saves the World
2. A little prose poem piece from Matter Press: Better Homes

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
Excited to announce that my story "News from the Extreme Chess Olympiad" will be appearing in the anthology "Futuristica Volume 2" from Metasagas Press!

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, JJ. I'm psyched--this is my second genre fiction sale which qualifies as 'pro' according to SFWA, so if/when I get one more then I'll be eligible to join the organization.

Last edited:

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
An anthology paying 6c/word is qualifying, according to the SFWA website, and Metasagas Press meets that rate.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
They need to be an approved qualifying market to use them for SFWA membership, though.

Sorry, I hate to be a big downer. On the plus side, you only need one qualifying sale to join as an associate member. That's not as cool as being an active member, but it's something.