Braggage III

Barbara R.

Old Hand in the Biz
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbararogan.com
A 29 day acceptance from Stupefying Stories for my first accepted story ever!

I wanted to thank everyone who posts regularly on the W1S1 forum. I've been lurking for the past several months, and seeing everyone's successes (and failures) has helped build up my confidence to submit my own fiction. Sites like this are invaluable for beginning writers. Keep up the good work!

First ever! What a milestone. Congrats and enjoy!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Catnip, a YA/Fantasy, has been accepted by DevineDestinies, and will hopefully be out later on this year or at the beginning of next year.

quovadis

Registered
Reaction score
After months of active targeting -- they always got first crack at every remotely speculative story -- my seventh submission to Shimmer (and third bumped story) has been accepted for issue 19! It's my second pro sale this year (and ever) - and to a market that I really, really wanted...

laurasbadideas

Registered
Reaction score
Website
unlikelyexplanations.com
Congrats, quovadis! I love Shimmer!

If you don't mind my asking -- how much time elapsed between getting the notification that your story was bumped and getting the acceptance?

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, quovadis on a successful targeting campaign and great sale!

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations quovadis - that is a great sale and a great feeling after your persistence with that particular market.

And congrats on the publications everyone else!

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
After months of active targeting -- they always got first crack at every remotely speculative story -- my seventh submission to Shimmer (and third bumped story) has been accepted for issue 19! It's my second pro sale this year (and ever) - and to a market that I really, really wanted...

Congratulations, quovadis, wonderful news!

Well done, all, on recent braggage.

Princess Marina

Princess Marina
Registered
Reaction score
Sold a short story to Nevermore Press. My first Regency romance is published in September and I have contracts for another and a fantasy tale to go out slightly later. Finally making progress and getting some interesting reviews before I even publish. The email from Nevermore Press was very flattering.

Dani79

Registered
Reaction score
Website
daniellengales.com

That's fantastic! Shimmer is such a wonderful publication. Well done. :)

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
So...got an acceptance email for a micro piece that I completely forgot I submitted. That was a nice surprise for today :)

"My Dear Claret" is up on MicroHorror now, check it out if you'd like.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, all! Fantastic news.

A tiny brag today. Tangent reviewed my story "Burning Men" from June's H. G. Wells themed issue of Penumbra, and it was very flattering! Also, great things said about fellow AW writer Shannon/Sai's "Colossus"!

Last edited:

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Reynard, Princess Marina and Niccolo, on those acceptances and publications.

Marzioli, that review was wonderful, for both your story and Sai's. Congrats to both of you!

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Barbara R, that's so awesome! Living the dream. My question is, does it have to be good champagne? ;) Hats off, laurasbadideas, that's a killer first sale!

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
***Thanks for the new thread, AW Admin!***

Congrats, Barbara R - how awesome!

And congrats Laurasbadideas: what a fabulous market at which to make your first sale!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Just before post 17 there was a lovely post from Barbara Rogan about book signings and champagne.

She had a link in the post that went to somewhere on AW, but for some unknown reason it thought it was an image link, and that it was meant to be in Base 64.

This is VERY MUCH not good, and I know that it wasn't something Barbara meant to do—I blame the server hamsters, personally—but I had to kill the post or this thread would simply not load for large numbers of people.

I'm sorry Barbara; I tried editing, I tried copying, but had to go with delete.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much to AW Admin, MacAllister and Medievalist for the super quick attention to our broke thread and our spankin' new Braggage area :D

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mac and other admins: thanks for fixing the braggage thread. But I gotta ask -- why Braggage III? What happened to Braggage II? Was the original sequel so bad, we are not considering it to be part of canon? :)

Deleted member 42

Mac and other admins: thanks for fixing the braggage thread. But I gotta ask -- why Braggage III? What happened to Braggage II? Was the original sequel so bad, we are not considering it to be part of canon? :)

There's a post in the previous Braggage that suggested it had been split from an earlier thread.