Anyone Else Having Trouble With The Braggage Thread?

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
For the last 48 hours, I've been able to access any thread on Absolute Write except the braggae thread. Just won't open. (I use Chrome for my browser.) Anyone else having this issue? If so, know where the appropriate place to report it is?

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I see what you mean. I have just tried opening a bunch of threads, and it seems I can go anywhere but the last page of Braggage. I can get into the Braggage thread by clicking on 'Braggage', and get taken to the first page, then I can click on pages to progress further in - but can't get to the last one. Any other thread, I can go straight to the last page. I had no trouble with rejectomancy for example, which would have at least as many pages.

I am using Safari on a Mac. Not sure where to report it.

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Same here. Any thread, any page, except the very last page of Braggage. Using Chrome. And here I thought it was just me.

laurasbadideas

Registered
Reaction score
Website
unlikelyexplanations.com
I'm using Firefox 22.0 on a Mac. When I go to the last page of Braggage, it seems to display just fine (at least, as much as I can see on a single screen), but then it freezes up; at this point, I can't scroll down or do anything else in Firefox. It stays this way for a while, using most of the system CPU, then eventually goes back to normal. At that point I can scroll down through the entire page.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
It opened for me, but took noticeably longer to load.

Maybe it's the work of hackers that feel jealous of all the braggage. Haters gonna hate :hat:.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I'll ask AW Admin to take a look, folks -- and thank you for reporting the issue by PM (you know who you are) we very much appreciate getting a heads-up when stuff doesn't seem to be working right!

Deleted member 42

The thread has too many posts so Chrome is running out of memory.

I'll got take a whack at splitting it.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
I am able to get into and post on the Braggage III thread, but it does take a long time to load compared to the other threads. Am wondering if one of the posts has something in it that slows the page down. Does anyone else find this?

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I can't get Braggage III to load either. Like you , Fihr, I wonder if something in one of those last posts is causing a problem?

Deleted member 42

Please go try now. I found the problem with the previous thread, and Braggage III.

I had to kill a post :(

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
It's a little-known, ugly fact that the server hamsters occasionally clamor for the innocent blood of someone's post.

Nothing to be done about it, really, but take off our hats and offer a moment of silence for the fallen.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
It's a little-known, ugly fact that the server hamsters occasionally clamor for the innocent blood of someone's post.

Nothing to be done about it, really, but take off our hats and offer a moment of silence for the fallen.

:D ...taking a moment...

Thanks Medievalist and MacAllister!