Cover of Suzanne Palmer's book Finder

AW Amazon Store

AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get a writing credit at The Brasilia Review. Submissions are open!

author of Sweet Bread brasiliareview's Avatar

You may read contemporary poets. You may read 19th century German literature, in translation. You may not post replies. Not even the site admin may post replies. You may ghost a good one on OK Cupid after spending 45 minutes with her in a cafe because you feel hard twine with pointy frays in your guts and don't deserve it. You may find yourself called a patient by those who are not doctors. And that thing, you still might you know.
    Free Download - My New Ebook - Sweet Bread

Editor of The Brasilia Review

Submissions are open for the July 2018 issue. Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the 20th issue of The Brasilia Review. After five years we have surely moved house and home. Saudade, Brasil. We are now publishing from almost directly atop the San Andreas Fault, so good luck.

I’m this guy in California, out in San Mateo with the men and women selling bottled water and begonias at intersections. I’m selling a product, canned spasm. First time I cracked one open, I felt it ricochet in my belly and out the bellybutton like light shot from a conical flower if a flower shot light. Really it just made a funny sound. Canned spasm, making me ham it up loudly. You do big, you do, I explained it as, at a respectful distance from their car windows. Like watching, or… And then they checked out, like people often do when they sense some thing about me.

Past contributor, poet Darren C. Demaree has a new book out, A Fire Without Light. And he has another one called Two Towns Over coming later this year. Well done.

And now we present:

Fiction

The Chinese at Pearl Harbor by Craig Loomis

Non-Fiction

Old Taverns of New York by W. Harrison Bayles

Poetry

Silent Comedy by Matthew James Friday

Old Loves by Henri Murger

Birth of a Housing Estate by Chris Palmer

One Choice by Terese Pierre

Emily Dickinson’s Dog by J.R. Solonche
    Last edited by brasiliareview; 03-06-2018 at 09:41 PM. Reason: formatting was screwy

5th Anniversary Issue! Check out some great reading, free.

Submissions for November are open. Thank you.

Issue 22 is 2/3 fiction. The ideas are singing. Exquisite philosophy, reporterly precision, magic realism, psychopomps, trailing tendrils, the deficient and the bullied. There is hidden humor. IRL the ego is itself a narrator. The home of all stories is brains that don’t work right.

Poetry is strung with germanium lyres, in the lyrics of three formidable da Gamas.

The Brasilia Review lives in a state of unconscious identification with the minds of its readers.

Submissions for March '19 are open! Thank you AWWC.

We have a new issue of The Brasilia Review. Stories this issue concern a well of tech and language as a 4th person, as well as life and dignity in the time before gay rights.

Poems: convincing someone that they’re wrong, impossible. The mind only churns the negative. Passage into new maturity whether you want it or not. What in the world gambling does. Passing judgment, wearing finery. To construct something strongly can only be done outside the mind. People work near greatness with no concern because the greatness does not touch them. Trash is nature too, a tragedy. What adults see that children miss and its analogue, what the children will see grown when the adults have gone.

The Brasilia Review has bound itself to a vow that’s possible to fulfill.

Submissions for the July 2019 issue are open. Thank you!

The Brasilia Review 24 is live online, ft. Day, Dayta, Freidinger, Friday, Grey, Lesh, Markiewicz, Mensah, Pollack, Poussin, and Shankar. Submissions are open. Thank you AWWers and have a productive day.

figuring it all out
    Hmm, do you allow horror stories, and is there a general length limit for the submissions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12