• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta request for YA fantasy: The Wrecklings – happy to exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m looking for a beta reader for The Wrecklings, which stands at just under 93,000 words. I have revised and edited it as thoroughly as I can, sent it past my first beta reader, revised it some more, and now my brains are dribbling out of my ears. So a pair of fresh eyes would be hugely welcome!

My query had a quick dip in the fires of QLH, but here’s a shorter, more current description:

---

Fifteen-year-old Corussa wants to be more than a princess; she wants to be a champion. She sneaks off to the world-famous Capassia, to compete in its ten dangerous sports. She ends up in the Wrecklings, a team full of also-rans and misfits.

But Corussa’s determined not to go home empty-handed – or to be part of the 2% fatality rate. As she trains, she makes friends with her teammates and they begin to work together. Defeating the odds may be impossible, but Corussa loves a challenge. And when the top teams start causing trouble for the Wrecklings, she knows she and her team are on the right track.

---

You can find an excerpt of my writing style here (and that is, after some thought, still the opening to the MS).

If at all possible, I would prefer someone who has been on AW for a little while at least, so I can guess from their posts whether to expect snarky or tough love or Super Evil But Secretly Fluffy Sweet Beta, or whatever. :)

I am of course open to doing swaps, and would strongly prefer YA as a category, or fantasy as a genre – so much the better if I can do both together! I should mention I have not yet beta-ed (just critted in SYW), and also that I have a love for the line-by-line, but I’ll do my very best to look at the big picture too...

Many thanks for reading!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.