Diplodocologolympiads!

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Or, to cut it down into shorter words: Long word olympics. The objective is to formulate your own long words and see if you can beat your own record. The words have to make sense, somewhat, so you'll have to provide a definition. I will provide an example.

Sesquipedaliabalsamum (21): the ointment of using long words to confuse others, especially to those one wants to feel superior to.

Sesquipedaliabalsamatic (21): an applicant of said ointment

Sesquipedaliabalsamation (22): the application of said ointment

Sesquipedaliabalsamatism (22): the use or abuse of said ointment

Desesquipedaliabalsamatism (24): the opposition to the use or abuse of said ointment

Antidesesquipedaliabalsamatism (28): the insistence on the use or abuse of said ointment

Antidesesquipedaliabalsamatarian (30): a defender of the use or abuse of said ointment

Antidesesquipedaliabalsamatarianism (33): a formal defense of the use or abuse of said ointment

iLion

Why do I say these things?
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvsQ9hYKq7c
Lemme see if I have this understood:

Equilibrium (11) - balance.
equilibriumism (14) - The belief in balance.
antiequilibriulism (18) - Being against the belief of balance.
antidecaequilibriumismists (26) - Being against ten of those who believe in the tenets of balance.
proantidecaequilibriumismists (29) - Being 'for' those who are against ten of those who believe in the tenets of balance.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Before we get too far, does anyone know what the Anglo-Saxon rooted piece for "very long or very big" is? For example, in the thread title, I used diplodoco- for Greek rooted words, meaning double-beamed and is a reference to the diplodocus. In the first word, I used sesquipedalia* for Latin/French rooted words, which means "foot and half long." Both units are very long and are very helpful in extending word length.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
umbetotwodeal- (13) - something that should be divided into two but. . . isn't. (rhymes with humpty-doodle)
umbetotwodealword (17) - a word that should be divided into two but. . . isn't.
beumbetotwodealwording (22) - locution rife with words that should be divided into two words or more.
unbeumbetotwodealwording (24) - to undo such locution

iLion

Why do I say these things?
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvsQ9hYKq7c
horders (6) - those who horde.
horderists (10) - those who adhere to some belief in hordering.
polyhorderists (14) - Those who adhere to some belief in hording multiple types of things.
ultrapolyhorderists (19) - Extreme multiple horderists.
antiultrapolyhorderistalism (27) - A belief in standing against those who adhere to some extreme belief in hording multiple types of things.