WritersDigest

Krelian

I set fires to feel joy...
Registered
Reaction score
That would be where I have been posting for the last couple of months, however, one of the members over there kind of suggested this place, and I have to say, it is a lot more active, even though I will continue to frequent the other. I've noticed one or two others here and also are members of the Writers Digest forums. Cheers to all of you!

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Krelian. My username is updog over at WD, and I recognize you from the sci-fi/fantasy forum. Not that you'll remember that, but... Nice to see you here. AW is a much more active board, but after you've been here a while it won't seem so big. :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not at WD, but it's nice to see both of you. So there!

Maryn, on a borrowed computer that feels weird

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Maryn. It's nice to see you too. :)

butterfly

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Krelian and ladybritches! I'm over there too - nhope.

Krelian, it's much more active here and a variety of personalities and viewpoints. Very distracting too, if you're having one of *those* days.

rhetoric by rosalie

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't visited this site since January. Glad to see some WD folks here again. Activity stopped for a while. I'll be checking in more often as I'm looking to spread my writing wings.

BTW I'm rosebud on WD.

rhetoric by rosalie

Registered
Reaction score
Ha, I think you guys have me joining the Writer's Digest forum which is ironic because I found out about this forum via the Writer's Digest magazine. Do you think that there is a thing as too many resources?

I heard about AW the same way, and no, there's no such thing as too many resources. Especially when they offer different things.

I haven't submitted anything to this site for comments yet. I'm still working my way around the place.

BTW, Jupiter is beautiful in the fall. Don't you think? The rings are astounding. :) I hear Australia is rather exciting as well.

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, the WD helped me with my grammar and technical aspect of writing. Time to put that into action.

LupineMoon

Registered
Reaction score
I just subscribed to the Writer's Digest. Hadn't thought about posting yet.

DangerOLeary

Type A Personality
Registered
Reaction score
Website
daneoleary.com
I'm a member there (same username), but every time I sign in it just takes me to a page where I edit my profile and I can't post. I guess I'll keep checking it as maybe there's some sort of validation process like there was for AW?

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a member there (same username), but every time I sign in it just takes me to a page where I edit my profile and I can't post. I guess I'll keep checking it as maybe there's some sort of validation process like there was for AW?

Typically if you clear your cookies (particulary for WD) that will take care of the problem.

dinky_dau

Cowabunga!
Registered
Reaction score
WD

That would be where I have been posting for the last couple of months, however, one of the members over there kind of suggested this place, and I have to say, it is a lot more active, even though I will continue to frequent the other. I've noticed one or two others here and also are members of the Writers Digest forums. Cheers to all of you!

I agree with this statement underlined in the above quote (referring to the environment here at AW).
AbsoluteWrite is the most active writer's forum I have seen recently.
I can name one other I currently admire and that is the book forums at LibraryThing.

Last edited:

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with this statement underlined in the above quote (referring to the environment here at AW).
AbsoluteWrite is the most active writer's forum I have seen recently.
I can name one other I currently admire and that is the book forums at LibraryThing.

I love LT. So much that I added a LT URL field to profiles on AW, for people who want to link to their LT profiles (it's not required).

pat j

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score

=========

The WD forums seem almost dead. I recall a decade or so ago when they were thriving. Not sure what happened although the comments indicate they were neglected by F+W who focuses more on the rest of the web site that is aimed at selling things.

Rob40

Registered
Reaction score
Website
roughdrift.wordpress.com
Same name at WD. I tend to gravitate and get involved with what the groups are doing. So I find a busy group of what I want to do and get involved. But when the group is slow to dead and no longer entertaining, WD, I don’t get anything done. AW is busy and happening and now that I’m no longer dead I can get to work. I always found it strange how they’re relentlessly selling a how to book about everything and it’s by writers I’ve personally not heard much about.

Chekurtab

Smart donkey. Please don't call me-
Registered
Reaction score
I used to be on WD, but I recently quit after a bad experience with one of their online courses. As a matter of fact, I'm done paying for "professional services." There are plenty of sites like AWWC to exchange info and critiques.