• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for first chapters of a YA fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

colebooks

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for someone to beta my YA fantasy . It's been through a few revisions and I feel like the first 4 chapters are ready to be read .

I wrote it with my sister and am excited for any feedback that can be provided. I've been having problems with the query but it is about a sixteen year old girl who travels to a dream world of sorts.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure we're in agreement on what a beta read is. It's the last reading before the completed, polished manuscript is submitted to potential agents or publishers. If you have four chapters ready to be read, you're seeking critique or general feedback rather than a beta read.

Usually surest path to getting meaningful input on what you've written is to give some to what others have written. Find your genre's Share Your Work board (password vista) and contribute your thoughts, in depth.

Maryn, with a little nudge

colebooks

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Mayn.
The entire manuscript is completed.It has also been through rounds of revisions. I asked only for the first 4 chapters because the stickies say it is best to send the beginning first so the potential reader can get a feel for the MS to see if it is a good fit for them.

The book is in the best shape I could possibly make it, otherwise I would not be posting .I will check out SYW as well.

Thank you again for the response :)

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
You also might try posting a chapter or two in SYW and then you can point potential beta readers toward that later.

It's very helpful in finding issues that may be there through the whole work. I know you said you've edited and revised but given the queries, I'm kind of very concerned about the basic grammar in your ms.

Status
Not open for further replies.