Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One at Denny's on Jefferson. I'm not at a computer with any pix of myself, so I shall be a woman of mystery! Look for the plump woman your mom's or grandmother's age, with very long hair and a befuddled expression.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hm, stray question. I know another area writer who's on AW but not often--works full time, four kids, good luck finding a spare moment. Shall I ask her if she'd like to join us?

Maryn, knowing too small a group isn't ideal

Lady Chipmunk

Nut in Search of Rodents
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto! The more the merrier. I will also invite Pat. He might surprise me.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great. I'll shoot her an email, since she only makes it here once or twice a week.

You know, even if I decide this isn't a critique group I can get much from or do much for, I'm all excited to meet other writers. (Hell, I'm excited to leave the house.) I'm genuinely looking forward to it.

Maryn, temporary out of shy mode

LBecktell

Registered
Reaction score
Me too, Maryn! I'm also nervous to meet fellow writers... What if I (not so secretly) am a horrible writer?!

Lady Chipmunk

Nut in Search of Rodents
Registered
Reaction score
Horrible writers are just good writers that need more practice. :) That's what critique groups are for.

And like you both, I am very excited to meet people.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about you all, but most of the AW people I've met in person are very much like they seem to be online, so that meet-a-stranger awkwardness doesn't happen. And most writers I've met in person are people essentially a lot like me; I guess we're kind of a self-selecting group. Who else can be entertained for hours by the blank screen or page?

I emailed my friend but haven't heard back. I doubt she can come due to other demands on her time but remain hopeful.

Maryn, who will tell you all her real name!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't know if either of you will see this before you leave the house. Purple sweater and sneakers, jeans, black leather jacket, long hair, timid expression.

LBecktell

Registered
Reaction score
Grey pants, black boots, blue flannel shirt, smudged mascara under my eyes because I can't find my makeup remover :(

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A-ha, we found each other! And it was good, too, for those playing along at home.

If you live in range of other AW members, maybe a meet-up would be good for you, too.

Maryn, whose worries were unfounded

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have met twice now. You other people who have writers in the same area, get on it! This seems to be both lots of fun and really helpful.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We meet at Denny's on Jefferson Rd. at Clay Rd. in Henrietta, usually on Sunday at 2:00. It's easy to access from 390 or local roads. That said, we're on a short-term hiatus while one member focuses on something else. We fully anticipate resuming our meetings when her event is over in late July.

However, any time you can reach this general area, I'd be happy to meet you for lunch or coffee. We can talk about this writing group and everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.