Humor Resources

Yeshanu

Barb,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

(Although some might say that I don't need any more encouragement... :grin )

batyler65

Another interesting link

For those of you studying up on what makes humor work:

www.squaresail.com/auh.html

This online text is directed at those using humor in public speaking, but contains some interesting tidbits for all of us.

batyler65

Want to write a monthly column...

but tapped for ideas?

Check out this calendar resource chock full of holidays, celebrity birthdays, and other observances (National Blame Someone Else Day, anyone?)

Enough well organized information to keep your wheels turning.

www.butlerwebs.com/holidays/default.htm

ChunkyC

Re: Want to write a monthly column...

National Blame Someone Else Day? That's every day where I work.

idreamofwinter

Thank you so much for those sites - I am a humor writer/cartoonist whom created a huge amount of stuff for a new National magazine that appears that it will never actually materialize.

It'll no doubt take a long time to find a home for my work, but you've certainly helped out a great deal - thank you again.

Mike

batyler65

Welcome

Hey, Mike,
Welcome to the peanut gallery!

Hope to see more of you around.

Glad the resources helped you.

Barb

inkslinger

Registered
Reaction score
Humor critique group

Hi!

I just want to throw in a plug for a critique group I co-moderate, which is by humorists, for humorists.

Go to Laughter Crafters at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Laughter_Crafters
and join. This is a discussion group. You'll receive instructions for accessing the critique group in your welcome message.

Have fun!

Elizabeth
Head Writer
WOO FACTOR
a blog about love and relationships - or a lack thereof
http://www.woofactor.com

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Does anyone know the name of an acquisitions editor at Tipdigest.com? I'm thinking of sending them a query but all I can find on them so far are generic email addresses.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
daveaguy said:
there aren't many places where you can find places that accept humor columns, or essays. Thanks for the heads up on these links.

BTW, this is my first post here, ...what did I win?

:kiss:

batyler65

Plot Monkey
Registered
Reaction score
Dawno said:
Does anyone know the name of an acquisitions editor at Tipdigest.com? I'm thinking of sending them a query but all I can find on them so far are generic email addresses.

I can't even find the site. :( Sorry, not much help there.

Anybody else have ideas?

Barb

dlcharles

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dlcharles.com
How about newspapers? Here is a prime example, albeit a rather macabre humor: Reprinted from THE NEWS, published weekly in Salem, Arkansas.

FULTON COUNTY MAN SAYS HE'S MARRIED --- TO CHELSEA CLINTON.

Cox isn't happy when clerks tell him the certificate doesn't exist. By Joseph Price Staff Writer

Shawn Cox, the Mammoth Spring man who jumped the White House fence in December, made a brief appearance at the Fulton County Courthouse March 1. Salem Police Chief Albert Roork said Cox, 29, showed up at the Fulton County Clerk's Office demanding a marriage certificate for him and Chelsea Clinton. When employees told him the certificate did not exist he started to behave in a threatening manner, shaking as if angry and speaking loudly, said Fulton County Sheriff Walter Dillinger. Dillinger said Cox kept saying "Shawn Cox and Chelsea Cox", over and over. One of the employees at the clerk's office ran to the Fulton County Sheriff's Department, which is across the street from the courthouse and alerted authorities.
........... Cox testified that while Bill Clinton was president the Japanese implanted a cell phone in his head.

For the complete story: http://www.areawidenews.com (might be tomorrow before the online story is available) I'm sorry, folks, I know this young man is mentally disturbed, but I find it a humorous story nonetheless - imagine someone wanting to be married to a "Clinton"! This is why I love living in Arkansas - the truly strange is everyday ordinary around here. Can we breed 'em or what?

Oh, and the story just below this is about his brother, who is wanted for arson and attempted murder.

Last edited: