Camp NaNo July

JustKia

My inner voice has terrible grammar
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone taking part? <- Is that a daft question?

I've signed up *insert nail biting smilie*

I'm spending June working on my current WIP but I still have this second book trying to get out of my head, so I'll be making notes for it as they pop up while I work on WIP #1.

Then for Camp NaNo July I'll completely put WIP #1 aside and concentrate on (what will be) WIP #2.
Am I allowed any outlining before camp begins?

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Outlining is fine. :) Just no writing counts before July. Plan as much as you please. :D

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'll probably try to do something for July Camp. Not sure what exactly... I mean, really I need to be editing things, not writing new words. And July is my best month for getting stuff done (time off Uni) in the foreseeable future.

Eh, I've got a month to decide. Maybe I'll be able to write, say, 20k words while also editing a novel? I don't know.

Aquarius

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in. :)

I'm not going to go for the usual Nano standard of 50K, though (perhaps 25-30K), and since I already have enough projects going, there is no need to start a new one. So yet again, I'm a Rebel.

Racey

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be in for July Camp. I've got something brewing in my mind that i've started outlining. July seems like a good month to start it :)

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com
I haven't signed up yet, though I do have a couple of idea. I could also do the second half of my May CampNaNoWriMo piece, though that would be going rogue. I dunno; I take the camps less seriously than the November event, but we still have to maintain standards!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Come over to the dark side! Don't play by those silly rules!

*fans temptation all over the place* You know you want to. Just give in. What could it cost you? ;)

Well, maybe your immortal soul, but who reads the fine print these days?

:D

JustKia

My inner voice has terrible grammar
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't signed up yet, though I do have a couple of idea. I could also do the second half of my May CampNaNoWriMo piece, though that would be going rogue. I dunno; I take the camps less seriously than the November event, but we still have to maintain standards!

Apparently rebels are encouraged and provided for now ;)

MostlyBecca

Squeee
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in! I'm spending June researching and outlining, and I'm shooting for 60k-70k in July. It'll be my first attempt at writing a novel so I'm oober excited :D

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, John James. :)

And good luck to everyone! I'm still not sure what I'll do for Camp. I need to edit, but maybe I can squeeze in another 20k on the novel I started for May Camp? Or maybe work on an old novel that I really loved?

Probably a 20k goal though, as editing comes first. I've got to get more than 1 novel "finished" so that I can get them out the door.

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com
Apparently rebels are encouraged and provided for now ;)

Which is kind of rad, really.

I'll probably do it. The break in between is probably enough for me to regroup and figure something else out. Or, as I said, I'll do the second half of my May novel. That's looking pretty attractive right now, actually. But I've got any number of ideas that pass through my head like clouds, and I'm typically a pantser anyway. It's just a matter of sticking with something!

katci13

creative genie
Registered
Reaction score
I want to. I have some edits to finish up this month, so I don't know if I'll make it in time. Since rebelling is encouraged ^_^ I wanted to use it to push myself to get a story finished that I'm about a third of the way through.

Kevans

Fish from another stream
Registered
Reaction score
Grin,

I am going to hit it.

This time I am writing a set of parallel short stories that intersect during the narrative, told from the POV of each story. The narrative will differ from story to story as no person sees the world exactly the same as any other.

With luck I should get three to seven stories that can be refined into something commercially viable.

Luck all,
Kevin

chloecomplains

Pinkamena Diane Pie
Registered
Reaction score
I said there was no way I'd be able to do it, as I'm traveling for 2.5 weeks in July. Then I realized that during that time, I'll have 2 days of flying and 4 days of driving. One day will be with my dad, the first time I've seen him since my I swore never to speak to his wife again so....having a 20k day to avoid discussing that with him sounds fantastic.

Yay, Camp NaNo.

slicing_angel2003

Registered
Reaction score
I've signed up. Been trying hard to work on a few short stories instead of my Camp story. Why do these characters all want so much of our time??

Good luck everyone!

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I really should. I did 15,000 in April (busy month for me), and the story's still incomplete. I may wait to sign up, though. I signed up late then and got the most talkative, highest-total wordcount cabin I've had yet. :p

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
I've signed up too. I'm going to be a rebel because I already started the novel I'm going to write during July. I hope to add another 70k to it during July and finish it up in early August (I've only got about 10k done so far).

Dunedain

Envinyatar
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I'm going to do it. I'm a bit nervous because I don't have much of a plot at all, but that happened last November, and it turned out okay, so we'll see. :D

FrederickCross

Registered
Reaction score
I've outlined something and I changed my signature (a very important step in NaNoWriMo), so I guess I'm ready to begin. Funnily enough, I'm still not 100% sure I will participate this year.

Guess we'll see ;p

Best of luck to y'all.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Signed up last night, with a goal of 20k words.

I'll be finishing up the sequel to TEC with that 20k (I hope) and if I finish it before reaching 20k, I guess I'll write some short stories or something.

Also going to be editing DOW, but I can't track that on the Camp site, and hopefully getting TEC finally ready to start querying.

emilybeth

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to be doing it...but only with a 25k goal. o_o I am very scared, but I have to try! I have a seemingly great cabin so I think this should be a good month. Good luck to everyone who is participating!! :)