• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Searching for a beta/critique partner for YA Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relle

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in search for someone to beta my manuscript, a YA fantasy clocking in at 75,000 words. I'm very willing to beta in return. My own reading interests are pretty much anything genre, with the exception of romance as I'm not well-read there at all. I love fantasy and science fiction, whether YA or not.

I can send a sample chapter to any interested parties. Here's the query:

Gabriel lives on the streets of Brooklyn, stealing to survive. At only 16, he knows his days are numbered. If starvation doesn’t kill him, the violence of the streets will. Then he meets Steph, a beautiful, eccentric woman with the power to travel to other universes, and suddenly he has an out, one he takes without hesitation. Together with Steph, he visits worlds with incredible wonders. One holds an upside-down lake, another where trains run on water and monsters hide in plain sight. Magic runs rampant, technology varies wildly, and the laws of physics are at times mere suggestions.

As Gabriel explores these myriad universes, he meets bizarre alien life forms, terrifying creatures, and eldritch horrors in the most innocent of forms. The most dangerous is nothing less than a god in human form who thinks nothing of murdering individuals or burning entire cities to the ground. When their paths cross, Gabriel becomes the target. With the god able to chase him across universes, Gabriel can only run. Then people around him start dying, slaughtered in the god’s wake. Suddenly Gabriel isn’t thinking of where to run, he’s thinking of how to fight back.

flid76

Almost Human
Registered
Reaction score
I like the sound of that, I am a fantasy reader and writer, mostly Urban fantasy, if you want to PM me, Ill give you my email and I'll happily look at a sample chapter. I dont do romance either ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.