• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a Writing Buddy/Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanTobias

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Website
averyjaynovak.wordpress.com
Hello!

I've been noticing the lack of friends in my life lately, specifically, the lack of friends and other people to talk about the craft of writing with. So, that's what I'm looking for!

I'm into most any genre, really, so I'd be open to talking about whatever kind of writing you would like.

I like to write fantasy best, myself, but I also like sci-fi, poetry, dystopia, and I'd like to try something aimed at Young Adults. I'm also quite curious about writing erotica, though I would only discuss that sort of thing if you felt comfortable with it.

You can skype me at queerlyreading or email me at averyjay(at)writeme.com, if you happen to be interested in talking. Or, of course, they're the PM system!

I hope to make some new friends/writing buddies through this. Please don't feel shy to message me.

Edit! I now have an AIM account, "avery.jay" to talk with!

Last edited:

juliesondra

Registered
Reaction score
Website
juliesondradecker.com
I'm looking for the same thing for almost the same reason. :/

Weirdly enough I also write fantasy and YA and SF. We'll definitely have to hang out some. I'll check out your site.

Jodotha

Oh hey, I've been here before...
Registered
Reaction score
Me too me too! I'm definitely up for writing buddies. I love writing buddies (and friends in general). I can be reached via gmail, gmail chat, aim, msn...etc. Or PM me :-D
I'm currently working on a contemporary romance, though I more often write YA. Though I also just like to talk craft in general, regardless of genre.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
AveryJay, you may want to take out your email address from your post above, or at least break the link by using (at) instead of the other @.

flid76

Almost Human
Registered
Reaction score
Hi avery I have the same problem, no real friends, certainly none to talk writing with. Looking for friends, writing buddies etc myself.

Elmvine

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Avery!
I'd love to take part, have a lack of writer friends and people I can discuss these sort of genre's with, because honestly I love them. Sci-fi, Dystopia, Poetry and Fantasy are the contents of my brain not just straight down my alley. Would you prefer PM, skype or email?

-Elm

Status
Not open for further replies.