Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Seven tubes of blood drawn this morning, seven! I can't drink wine because they don't know why my liver tests are abnormal. My memory is particularly bad today. I woke up having one of those nightmares where you try and try and can't call out then you wake up. My dog has a new lump (we are growing old together), appointment is for Thursday.

Fortunately, it's Spring in the backyard.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Will he be able to hop on the bandwagon??

Inquiring minds want to know. :hooray:

Actually, I only wish him the best and hope it all goes well.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Chase,

Hip, hip hooray??? :poke:

:ty:, Lavern, Gail, and Synonym. Had my operation Monday morn. Kay waited and waited and made a mad dash to the cafeteria for coffee, and of course I picked that time to wake up to a nurse panicked 'cause she didn't know ASL, so she quickly penned this:

Nurse_note.jpg

It's the best piece of creative writing I've seen in a long time. :snoopy:

Everything went perfectly, and I got to come home Wednesday eve. Every day gets better and better. :ty: so much for your kind words, ladies.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:ty:, Lavern, Gail, and Synonym. Had my operation Monday morn. Kay waited and waited and made a mad dash to the cafeteria for coffee, and of course I picked that time to wake up to a nurse panicked 'cause she didn't know ASL, so she quickly penned this:

Nurse_note.jpg

It's the best piece of creative writing I've seen in a long time. :snoopy:

Everything went perfectly, and I got to come home Wednesday eve. Every day gets better and better. :ty: so much for your kind words, ladies.

:hooray:Yay, Chad!!! So glad it's over and it that it went well!

The Chihuey will want to know how the bed baths went. (I think he'll be envious, too. :roll:)

But great to have you back. :D

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful news!

Take care and do your physical therapy like a good boy. :tongue

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chihuey will want to know how the bed baths went. (I think he'll be envious, too. :roll:)

I was excited at the prospect of sponge baths:e2shower:, until I caught on to the nurses' sneaky strategy. They would start at my head and wash as far down as possible. Next, they went to my feet and washed as far up as possible. Then to my dismay, they'd toss me the sponge and say, "Now, you wash possible." :e2cry:

Take care and do your physical therapy like a good boy. :tongue

:ty:, Syn. I'm trying to be a good boy--at least as far as gentle home PT in these first three weeks, 'cause five more weeks of hardass PT begins soon enough.

Today is a fell week with the new hip, and all things are wonderfully better. Had some heat and swelling over the weekend, but icepacks have helped lots.

So have friends here helped with support, as well as edit work from clients to keep me busy. Porter and JJ Pitts sent work :snoopy:and been texting me grief :evil.

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
BTW, Chase now goes by the new moniker of Steve Austin, bionic man. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Tell me you can't hear the noise made when Steve makes a high jump or crushes a car! :yesway::yesway::yesway:

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
BTW, Chase now goes by the new moniker of Steve Austin, bionic man. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Tell me you can't hear the noise made when Steve makes a high jump or crushes a car! :yesway::yesway::yesway:

Dang! I had him pegged as Remington Steele.

But I believe they use Titanium now.

Does that set off a metal detector?

:D

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
Dang! I had him pegged as Remington Steele.
Hmm, which would Chase like most?

Suave and debonair with an English accent, or a crime fighting physical specimen capable of taking down Superman?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

CAQuinn

Registered
Reaction score
oh crap i just made the cut off.

i remember when burger king had its 25th birthday and all day long hamburgers were 25 cents.
i remember old school tv channels 3 on uhf, cause no one watched pbs... and maybe 3 or 5 chanels on vhf or whater those two channel types were called.
i remember so many damn fireflies it was amazing
i remember the 200th anniversary of july 4 in philly

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: - CAQuinn

Settle down, have some Jell-O, and I'll bring your monogrammed bed pan to your cell room in the morning. :poke:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i myself am an army vet, although i did my 4 years in whats called peace time,

Veterans are veterans--no matter when or where they served, so thank you :)ty: in ASL) for your service. :e2salute:

But how sad the military let you keep your uniforms and duffel for later, but took all your capitals. :greenie

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Chase! Good news on the hip... glad to hear it all came out and went in like it should. Hope there's as little pain as possible going forward... I could've warned you about the ol' Possible ploy, though. They never get everything Possible.

Welcome to our new inmat- resident: CAQuinn. If you don't like the Jell-O Lavern sent over, you can wait for tapioca - but under no circumstances would I recommend the yogurt. I know what - and where - it's been. Thank you for your service... grab a seat, a hammock, a rocker, a chair... whatever... and watch The Price is Right with us. We'll be having a movie marathon later to showcase the significant contributions of the great Director/Writer/Jack-of-All-Trades: Sidney Pink!

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chase! Good news on the hip... glad to hear it all came out and went in like it should. /QUOTE]

Boss lady, your support and that of all residents at the bar, grill, and infirmary are appreciated more than you can know.

Swapping out the old hip for new worked immediate major relief. Some new minor items have cropped up, the worst of which has been heat and swelling at the saw sites. Thank the powers that be, almost constant ice-packs have minimized it.

Otherwise, it's been smooth sailing, and I'm already back at work editing half-days.

:ty:, one and all. :greenie

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited: