Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
url] space)

=
chase-and-kay-in-masks.jpg
I see you cropped the pic to remove the gat and sign reading, "Gimme all your money in $20s and $50s."

It was on the wall inside my post office.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: back, JJ. Congrats on the book!

Porlock, your cooking sounds wonderful. Have you tried celery salt? I think it may be sodium-free alternative to table salt. (Not sure, though.) It adds quite a pleasant flavor.

Michael, the tomatoes in my little garden have begun ripening. I have two, so far, with a lot more to come. :)

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Still waiting for your pics, Porlock. Alas, Kay and I also had to reduce sodium:e2heartbe. Morton and at least a dozen more salt companies offer sodium-free salt to cook with and season. Unfortunately our docs say any other salts from the highest Himalayas to the deepest Marianas Trench contain too much sodium for us.

Jeff, good-looking cover. I echo Gail's congratulations. I bought it, :guns:and it's terrific. To deafies :deaf:, books are like TV programs with closed captions, only without the bother of pesky pictures. Also, you don't have to wait for commercials to go to the kitchen or bathroom. :greenie

Gail, when you send tomatoes :e2tomato:and celery to us, is a boat heading east and across the Pacific a quicker route to Oregon:e2steer:? If not, we'll probably be in Michael's Wisconsin barn for the summer. :e2drunk:

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
Chase
Have had sore throat for a couple weeks, on the second round of meds from my doc and I've still got it. I might actually have to go see him iin the flesh. I uploaded the pics from phone to computer but for some reason they don't gee-haw. Anyhow I need a clear head to finish.

Stay safe.

Tony

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: back, JJ. Congrats on the book!
Thank you, Gail!

Jeff, good-looking cover. I echo Gail's congratulations. I bought it, :guns:and it's terrific. To deafies :deaf:, books are like TV programs with closed captions, only without the bother of pesky pictures. Also, you don't have to wait for commercials to go to the kitchen or bathroom. :greenie
Thanks, Chase. I appreciate it. Hope you liked it enough to buy the second book of the series coming out in September! :e2writer:

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
Finally got to see dr today; I have a comprised immune system due to be overstressed. I know I've been taking care of Vickie and ignoring myself. She already said she was worried about me. I told the dr I was afraid I was falling apart. Nurse gave me two shots - steroids and anti-biotics.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Finally got to see dr today; I have a comprised immune system due to be overstressed. I know I've been taking care of Vickie and ignoring myself. She already said she was worried about me. I told the dr I was afraid I was falling apart. Nurse gave me two shots - steroids and anti-biotics.

No one can fault you for experiencing stress in these trying times. I hope your doc or nurse also gave you solid strategies for coping with stress while caregiving. You and Vickie are in our thoughts and prayers. :Hug2:

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
Chase
My photo# is (20171112_105733.jpg). I tried to follow your example using this but when I clicked okay nothing happened. Likely I'm not doing it properly. On other sites they have a browse feature, all you have to do is click on the photo and it downloads. I have no URL to use here. Just my phone photos. It's just for fun, but I would like to know how to use it.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm the last old fool to give technical advice. Kind moderators had to lead me by the hand and walk me through every step to set up my signature below.

Some photos (avatars, for instance) may be inserted directly from your computer's pictures files. Others (like the photo I inserted of Kay and me in masks) need to be processed through helper. The one I use is PostImages, free for occasional setups at https://postimages.org/

But take care of yourself and Vickie first, Porlock. :greenie

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Chase. We old farts are left behind when six year olds can run circles around us on computers. But it's bad when we're both sick - and nowadays if a dr gives you over 5 minutes of his time you're lucky. When I was there a few days ago the office was crowded more than usual, with a young man taking your temperature and asking questions (you have fever? Cough? Hang around people with covid-19? Are you now or or have ever been a member of the communist party? :roll:)

Seriously, be safe.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, man! Ken Osmond, once Eddie Haskins and then a former LA police officer, passed away at only 76.

Ken-Osmand.jpg

No cause announced as yet, though Ken wasn't in good health. RIP a pal from our time. :cry:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eddie Haskins from MASH?

From Leave It to Beaver, set in the late '50s and early '60s. Eddie was the wise guy teen the same age as Beaver's older brother Wally.

Nice to see you, Andreea! :greenie How are you getting by in the current pandemic?

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Andreea!! Long time, no see. Welcome back! :D
Thank you!
From Leave It to Beaver, set in the late '50s and early '60s. Eddie was the wise guy teen the same age as Beaver's older brother Wally. Nice to see you, Andreea! :greenie How are you getting by in the current pandemic?
I'm good, thank you. Staying indoors, taking care of the baby so it's not so bad. Hubby is working from home, we have a garden to go out and my parents live 1 minute away from us.What about you? All good?

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa! Hang on! Did you say 'baby?' WoW!!! Congratulations!!! :hooray::banana::Jump: You have been productive! Boy or girl? :D

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. Boy, 1.5 yo already :))With another on the way, but it's a bit soon to announce it to the world, so hush, it's still a secret

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
Well, D-day. Lot of old farts were born about then, know i was. My eldest brother, Jack, was 17 in 1944, went over on a troop ship after d-day, fought under Patton i was told. Have a photo of my other brother, Doug, a year younger than Jack, posing with me as a toddler before going overseas - made it after armistice, he was an MP in Berlin. Saw a documentary, gad the carnage.

"Where have all the flowers gone?" by Pete Seeger, I believe.

But they both came back, so many others didn't. (salute)

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice observance of D-Day, Porlock. :e2salute:

By then, my dad had been sent home after wounds in British Samoa and was safe attending chief's school at Great Lakes Naval Station. My mom and I joined him and lived in Waukegan, Illinois, through V-E and V-J Days in 1945.