Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you people struggling to raise your bail money?

Released on my own recognizance. I didn't even know I owned a recognizance :Shrug:. Like Michael trying to find his bucket, I'm busy looking for my recognizance.

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
I once owned a '67 Recognizance. White w/ black rag top ,bucket seats. Cool breeze. Traded it in when I got married. Still miss it, not her.:ROFL:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In the late '60s, I served in a 173rd Airborne long-range recognizance unit. :e2salute:

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
Good stuff. In the late 60's I finished college and failed my physical (congenital hearing defect, flat feet).

Didn't even have to do the "Draft Dodger Rag."

"Sarge, I'm only 18, got a ruptured spleen..."

It was actually for the best, I really wouldn't have made a decent soldier.

Last edited:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In the late '60s, I served in a 173rd Airborne long-range recognizance unit. :e2salute:

Welcome back. You've been gone so long I almost needed recognizance software to figure out who you are. :D

I really wouldn't have made a decent soldier.

If you'd have joined the navy, you'd have been fine. Ain't no decent sailors. :D

Talking of which, is the swabbie out shoveling snow, or something?

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ain't no decent sailors.

Speaking of decent sailors, happy Leif Eriksson Day! The Norsk claim credit for Leif setting foot on the North American continent somewhere around 1000 AD, about 500 years before Christopher Columbus hit New India :e2steer: pretty much between continents.

Both are gutsy yachtsmen in my book.

I'm pretty sure Porter was a gunner's mate on one of their boats.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A 1000AD? He was probably the arrow sharpener's mate. Or the guy in the bow with the bow. :roll:

Arrow Sharpener's Mate First Class, I'm sure, and I :Hail:bow to your arch wit. :greenie

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2file:<--- *ties bow in hair*

See? English ain't hard--so long as we can remember the bunch of homonyms looking the same:

He labored to row his boat to the isle of pretty maids in a row who had a row with him upon learning his intent.

If I'm s'posed to learn a lesson there (their? they're?), it prob'ly goes back to "no decent sailors." :e2steer:

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
So, Chase was a LRRP with the 173rd? That explains a few things. *grin*

I spent my time with the 101st ABN DIV (AASLT) in the late 80s/early 90s. That was enough for multiple lifetimes.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, Chase was a LRRP with the 173rd? That explains a few things. *grin*

I spent my time with the 101st ABN DIV (AASLT) in the late 80s/early 90s. That was enough for multiple lifetimes.

Good to meet another Screaming Eagle :e2salute:. Thank you for your service. I went through jumpschool at Ft. Campbell and logged 68 jumps with the 101st and 173rd in eleven years, but I wasn't a "Lurp" (they wouldn't even let me paint my face camo*).

I was a tactical small arms instructor (not smallbore and not just for troops with arms not well-muscled :e2arms:) and spent most of my time on unit-level ranges:guns:.

*However, I know all the song lyrics by heart. "Legs" won't understand, but the words to "Blood on the Risers" still makes me cry. :cry:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Post #9,000

It's fitting this 9,000th inane post is here among other tired old farts past their shelf dates. :Hug2:

Not a flounce--'cause it takes energy an advanced septuagenarian desperately needs to take mega-trips to the bathroom daily and nightly, to try to read lips where the fastest talkers in the US reside* and few sign, to keep my barely-a-septuagenarian :e2file: from deservedly kicking me to the curb, and to log enough BIC** to write a little and edit a lot--it's more a fade into lurking for a while :hi:, because***

*https://www.bing.com/search?q=faste...-25&sk=&cvid=BE75EF44C7A9499FA7FE2C51A6D2982E

**butt in chair :e2BIC:
*** This salute :e2salute:to the moose's lengthy writing style isn't a run-on, as we all know a true run-on doesn't need to be long but only jam two independent clauses together without proper punctuation: https://www.bing.com/search?q=run+o...1f845473bbd1654267246a551&cc=US&setlang=en-US

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
It's fitting this 9,000th inane post is here among other tired old farts past their shelf dates. :Hug2:

Not a flounce--'cause it takes energy an advanced septuagenarian desperately needs to take mega-trips to the bathroom daily and nightly, to try to read lips where the fastest talkers in the US reside* and few sign, to keep my barely-a-septuagenarian :e2file: from deservedly kicking me to the curb, and to log enough BIC** to write a little and edit a lot--it's more a fade into lurking for a while :hi:, because***

*https://www.bing.com/search?q=faste...-25&sk=&cvid=BE75EF44C7A9499FA7FE2C51A6D2982E

**butt in chair :e2BIC:
*** This salute :e2salute:to the moose's lengthy writing style isn't a run-on, as we all know a true run-on doesn't need to be long but only jam two independent clauses together without proper punctuation: https://www.bing.com/search?q=run+o...1f845473bbd1654267246a551&cc=US&setlang=en-US

This unworthy soul must KHB OOC (keep his butt out of chair) as I've discovered if I'm going to be successful taking care of a wife recovering from a stroke I need to turn off the darn computer and get to work. Sometimes though I may lurk just to help cope. I understand what Chase's wife is going through. Let's keep it together.:Hug2: