What time is it? ADVENTURE TIME

rmkrisby

Party & Write til I Die
Registered
Reaction score
C'mon!

I remember seeing the original pilot short what seems like forever ago. When my younger siblings (not too much younger, 3 years and 6 years younger, respectively) and I caught the Season 1 commercials, we just had a gut feeling that this show (along with Regular Show) had something special, and was bringing it to Cartoon Network of all places!

Don't be fooled! What seems like a kid's show is really a fantasy-lover's and nerdist's dream come true. It's hilarious, well-built, and just a great show. Especially loving the deeper plotlines they've been throwing in lately.

Okay, so that's my little introduction for this thread. If you also love ADVENTURE TIME, and want to discuss it: welcome. If you have never seen it, the first season is now on Netflix, so check it out and give it a shot. It's well worth the 15 minutes to see if it's something you can dig.

:)

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I really like it. I tend to watch with my little sister (she's 8) although I haven't seen the newest season. I got used to watching it with the Latino dub that seeing it online in English feels weird.

I'm rather fond of The Ice King.

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
Love it.

Favorite character? Marceline the Vampire Queen.

Though, really, it is a kid's show. Which does not discredit it in the least. Kid's shows are really quite good. Powerpuff Girls, Chowder, Foster's Home, Justice League, The Last Airbender, Flapjack... kid's shows, are awesome.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Avatar: The Last Airbender is some of the most engaging television of this decade, I think.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've watched it several times and I just can't get into it. I don't know what it is but many cartoons from the last 10 years or so have just left me cold.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Adventure Time is one of the few shows my kids watch that I can stand to watch with them.

My fave part was watching with my son and him telling me that he was Finn, was just like him. At the end of that episode, Finn takes off his hood to reveal waist length blond hair (just like my son's). "See, I told you I was Finn!"

johnhallow

Hello? Eat my tarts?
Registered
Reaction score
n n
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) 
|0==[]::::::::::>

Couldn't resist :(