• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader wanted for Sci-Fi Epic

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.S. Clark

Registered
Reaction score
Website
pen-of-jsclark.com
Seeking a beta reader for 120k sci-fi novel. Below is the blurb if you'd like to know more. Looking for a general impression. Would you tell someone ELSE that you liked it? What did you like? What did you not like? Strengths, weaknesses?

Blurb: When the emperor of the humans died, his daughter Evangeline found comfort knowing her brother would rule.

Eleven days later, he was assassinated by a shadowy inter-species aristocracy, passing the throne to her.

Unprepared, Evangeline reluctantly takes the mantle of the Nine Hundred Worlds, quickly realizing the galaxy’s superpower is not as strong as it seems. Fringe worlds are attacked, and sedition breeds in the legislatures, fed by her brother’s killers. War with the empire’s most dangerous enemy needs only a spark to begin.

To protect her people, the new empress must sort the public servants from the power mongers, and the friendly palace staff from assassins. Her only ally might be the clone she never wanted created. Trained to see through lies. Bred to protect her. Incapable of humanity.

Is he the answer to her prayers? Or the embodied sin of an empire?

I'll consider reading something else in return, but at the moment I'm already critiquing a full YA novel and committed to about 2-3 shorter pieces a week. So it would be a couple of weeks or maybe a month before I'm free enough to give good attention to another project.

Status
Not open for further replies.