What do you do for a living?

Jennie

Registered
Reaction score
C'est magnifique! Comment est la salaire?

Salaries in the publishing world are known to be rather low, in every country. That's why translations are nice to do on the side to, as we say in French "mettre du beurre dans les épinards" (add butter to spinach)... The saying is that you are lucky to work in a publishing company, so you shouldn't complain. :)

Chanan12

Registered
Reaction score
I work as a Paramedic between October-March. April- Sept I work as a Wildland Firefighter. I do academic editing on the side.

Vhb_Rocketman

Registered
Reaction score
I'm an aerospace engineer. Mostly in the field of satellites and rocketry. Doesn't leave a lot of time for writing, especially during the crazy test campaigns. But I still manage to find enough time...somehow.

TinaG

Registered
Reaction score
I would love to be a photographer however I am not I work in administration.

Which the company that I work for is closing so I am taking the time off to work on my novels and go on some adventures until reality comes back to consume me.

syntellsmith

Registered
Reaction score
I am a librarian....my username is a bit obvious lol

That is so cool, I'm always looking for librarians for input on my WIP...a workplace drama that takes place...where else...but a library! Plus it takes place in the 90's as well.

As for me, I'm a Document Scanner cowboy...roaming around aimlessly from contract job to contract job. Have rubber thimble will travel.

rainbowsheeps

Registered
Reaction score
Some interesting professions here!

I'm a doctoral student getting a PhD in Social Psychology at the moment. Mostly that means I help teach classes and run studies. I'm mostly studying human empathy, morality, and romantic relationships.

gemllama

stumbling along, scribbling words
Registered
Reaction score
I'm always fascinated by what other people do for a living. I feel like we only get to see a very small percentage of what people actually do day-to-day, when there are so many jobs out there that most of us don't even think about.

I'm currently the Assistant HR Manager for a utility company. I do a lot of administrative work, like payroll and benefits. It's just as exciting as it sounds!

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a nurse, I also have an office job too, I would like to eventually transition out of nursing completely. I work both jobs on casual basis, I could go full time however at this time in my life casual works best for my family, so I average about 3 shifts a week depending.

DrDLN

Banned
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
I am retired professional from University faculty who took early retirement. Now I write nonfiction related to health and spirituality as a hobby. I do evaluate ancient eastern wisdom through the lens of science by being a scientist by profession.

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
I am a 911 operator for a very large city. Last year I was promoted to a trainer, so I teach people one-on-one the real world version of how to do the job if they make it past classroom training.

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
I have an Master's in Creative Writing, and I work as an accountant. I have no idea how that happened.

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm an optician and an optical shop owner. The owner part is why I've been gone from AW for so long, and also the reason I have time to come back. Finally.

vestige

Registered
Reaction score
I work for the government. It's certainly interesting to see the list of other occupations on here. I wish I could say more about mine haha. I'm actually trying to transition into another position within the government using my degree as an Environmental Scientist.

RhysBC

Registered
Reaction score
I am a tattoo artist. I have been for about 11 years now and prior to that I had always worked in art taking commissions for portraits and caricatures and landscapes.

RhysBC

Registered
Reaction score
I am a tattoo artist and prior to that I used to take commissions for portraits and caricatures

Perscribo

Pound cake.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.perscribo.com
I am a single Mom of 2 boys (10 and 12), a (Green Certified!) Realtor, an assembler/publisher of (mostly 20th century) poetry collections for Kindle, and a Trioletist. :cape:

Last edited: