• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Independent Author Network

JamieMarchant

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this service? Is it worth the price? Particularly is the gold membership worth it?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
A link would be useful.

Meanwhile, I'll move this from the Book Promotion room to BR&BC, where I think it's a better fit.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
A display site you have to pay to join (pagerank 3=unimpressive?). Then everyone is meant to tweet each other.

Pass.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And the pages only list the authors. No breakdown according to genre, which would be much easier. No frellin' way am I going to click on over 700 individual links just to find some basic information. Pasadena.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ask yourself how you heard of it. Then ask yourself what you want from your membership.

What it mostly seems to be to me is YADS (Yet Another Display Site). Unless the organization is successful in driving general traffic to its site - and by that I mean potential buyers, not just other indie writers and service providers - then its members will be largely marketing themselves to themselves.

tiakall

*lurk*
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen some of their tweets (apparently one of my follows has enlisted their service as he retweets their mentions of him.) The actual tweets are just the standard author, book title, link, plethora of quasi-relevant hashtags (including their own, which makes them easy to mute.) Nothing that would make me buy a book.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
I did click through once via the Twitter feed, 'cause one of their titles looked interesting to me. Once I got to that author's page, I read the summary and bailed. I frequently buy indie-published titles, but this author's page didn't even bring up the referenced title at the top of the page--I had to hunt for it. Caveat emptor.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
They also offer awards - it's one of those "enter your books in up to three of these umpteen categories for $109!" things. There are some cash prizes of up to $1000, but readers aren't going to be particularly impressed by an award few people have heard of. And you even have to print your winner's award seal from a PNG file!

http://www.independentauthornetwork.com/book-of-the-year.html