If you're not backing up you should be.

MissyLaRae

Total Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
For a really long time I used to back up all of my stuff on an external hard drive, and then like a lazy a$$ totally got out of the habit.

Then my MAC crashed and I thought life as I knew it was over.

I'd been backing up on dropbox for a really long time for professional use, but I'd never saved my writing on there.

After that I made sure I ONLY wrote out of the files that I had saved in dropbox.

If you're not using it you should be. It's amazing and you can access it on every mobile device known to man.

leversandpulleys

Thick Fish; Learning About New skin
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
What she said. Dropbox is an absolute gift for writers. Since you are writing out to a local drive there's no lag or inconvenience, and yet all of your changes are continuously shipped off to the cloud. Not only that, but you can access old versions on Dropbox if you need to do some emergency version control.

Also, if you like to write across platforms and your software of choice saves in something wonderful like plain text, you can access your files from anywhere on anything (tablet, phone, work desktop). Cool stuff.

Craig

Saul Rothman

Registered
Reaction score
Script files are small. I just email them to a Hotmail address I keep. I can access them anywhere as well.

I do the same. At the end of each day, I email my work to myself. That way, if anything goes wrong for any reason with the physical things in my home, I will still have the work in cyberspace.

Saulisa

Kathl33n

Questioning Everything
Registered
Reaction score
These are all wonderful ideas! Thanks for posting!

Dropbox is pretty awesome.