NEPAT Overflow

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
but this time somehow someone that had that email hacked mine and sent nothing to do publish america but spam none the less. it's a bit strange even for them.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
What AlexPiper said, Jill. The bot that hacked your account is just doing its job and sending spam to any addresses it finds.

Do you have a Yahoo address? I lot of folks have had their accounts hacked lately. Two friends of mine in the last week alone. Go change your password if you haven't already.

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
already did so, just wanted to pass the word about hacking. I should have changed it several months ago, but i got lazy.:tongue

Eve Thomas

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.evethomas.co.uk
Hi
I just wanted to say a quick hello and share some fabulous news with you. My second novel, Choices-The Darker Years has received a very welcoming response up to now. It is due to commence publication tomorrow and I am very excited because earlier tonight I received a telephone call from Women's Refuge. I wanted to donate a percentage of my books revenue to this marvellous charity that helps hundreds of women every year escape from violence. The Director is having a meeting on Monday to discuss this further. I'm elated and hope that Refuge allow me to support them. It may not make them millions but every penny it raises will help this outstanding charity.

Thank you all so much for your kind words but most of all the knowledge you allowed me to gain.

Hope you are all having a marvellous weekend.

Eve x
www.evethomas.co.uk

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering what this has to do with PA ... Ms. Thomas' first book was published with them. She is now self-publishing the sequels.

And since this is self-promotion rather than discussion, I'm moving it to Overflow.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eve, I've noticed you've gone back and deleted almost all of your posts at the request of PA. I don't know how often this has happened here at AW, but it sounds par for the course.

As far as your new release goes, who are you publishing with? Have you given PA the right of first refusal, as mentioned above?

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
Dave

Am I the only one on here that did not know about Dave Kuzminski's passing?

Dave was one of the warriors that worked tirelessly to safeguard the writing world from preditors. (spelled to honor Dave.) For what it is worth, I wanted to take a moment and thank Dave for his service.

I also understand that Ann Crispen passed in September. She will be remembered for her work with the writing world, as well.

(as a side note, do we have some way of passing on these notices to members of AW? It seems it would be important to note the passing of our members.)

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I hadn't heard about Dave either. It's a sad day indeed. I always appreciated his perspective. Not only did he work tirelessly to warn off scammers, he was always respectful and encouraging to those of us who fell for them.

There is a subforum for Remembrances. Perhaps someone who knew him well could write something up and post it?

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I did not know either. It's very sad. He will be missed for himself and for the amazingly helpful service he provided.

RIP.