Promoting Erotic Fiction -- Ideas for self-promo & for working together w/ multiple authors

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still very new, but love this thread idea! This article made me motivated to start up my erotica again. I love writing it, but to make money as well would be a dream. Just thought I would share this article and add to the thought pool: http://writersweekly.com/this-weeks...onth-writing-and-selling-erotica-by-anonymous

I'm saving this thread for review. Thanks OP! :)

Hi there! Great to see this old thread can still be of some use. However I'd like to point out that marketing tactics that may have worked when this thread was created (2013) may not work so well now such as blog hops/tours. I believe that's why the last one flopped as it did. But social media is still a biggie, especially places like Facebook and Twitter. If you can capitalize and draw readers in with interesting ads, then it works well.

Another one to add is newsletters. Having your own newsletter and sharing newsletter spots with other authors is another biggie right now. :)

HisWrite

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hi there! Great to see this old thread can still be of some use. However I'd like to point out that marketing tactics that may have worked when this thread was created (2013) may not work so well now such as blog hops/tours. I believe that's why the last one flopped as it did. But social media is still a biggie, especially places like Facebook and Twitter. If you can capitalize and draw readers in with interesting ads, then it works well.

Another one to add is newsletters. Having your own newsletter and sharing newsletter spots with other authors is another biggie right now. :)

Oops! I didn't even look at the date, HA! I thought with it so near the top that it must be current. Still, I greatly appreciate the pointers and I do love the idea of a newsletter. :)