Black Mirror

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
My favorites so far are 15 Million Merits, White Bear, White Christmas, Shut Up and Dance, and Nosedive.

My beef with The Waldo Moment is that the jump from Act 2 to the end is so quick and contrived that almost feels like a parody of the show itself.

My least favorite besides that one are Playset, Men Against Fire, Be Right Back, and Hang The DJ.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
What bothered me with Men Against Fire was that I figured what was going on the first five minutes.

_Melody_

Registered
Reaction score
I love Black Mirror, but I find that the episodes differ in quality.
But it’s very creative and it always makes you think. Some episodes were boring, but still at the end I found myself thinking about the message it had.
I also like that you don’t really have to watch it in order. That their stand-alone stories.

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
I love Black Mirror, but I find that the episodes differ in quality.
But it’s very creative and it always makes you think. Some episodes were boring, but still at the end I found myself thinking about the message it had.
I also like that you don’t really have to watch it in order. That their stand-alone stories.

But there are hints that they are connected.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I have a new favorite: San Junepiro
I thought it was interesting, but I had to Google it, (and read the "explanations") to fully understand what was going on - I had an idea, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you want me to break it down?
Thanks, Hon, but after reading the "explanations" online, I was correct in my assumptions - Just wasn't completely sure.

Watched Men Against Fire last night, and found it very disturbing. :cry:

Also, watched Shut Up and Dance, and after 20 minutes in, I knew how it was gonna end. :e2violin:

Last edited:

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
White Bear is my favorite so far. I'm still watching the series.

Mine too. It's...haunting. Satisfying, yet ethically troubling.

I watched it last night and then The Waldo Moment - not bad, but holy mood whiplash.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, so I finished Season 4 last night, and I gotta say Black Museum was an incredibly satisfying ending - What a brilliant, terrifying, yet exhilarating Sci-Fi ride. :Clap:

Does anyone know if there's a Season 5 on the horizon? :Shrug:

Last edited:

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
OK, so I finished Season 4 last night, and I gotta say Black Museum was an incredibly satisfying ending - What a brilliant, terrifying, yet exhilarating Sci-Fi ride. :Clap:

Does anyone know if there's a Season 5 on the horizon? :Shrug:

They have sights in London of the crew currently filming it. So far it seems there's a period episode set in the early 80's.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
My favorites of season 4 where Black Museum and USS Callister. I actually was prepared to dislike Black Museum since I hate they try to convey they are set in the same universe so I was pleasantly surprised. Crocodile had potential but they blew it in the last 20 minutes and I'm honestly baffled by how many people loved Hang The DJ.

Overall, I felt it was a lukewarm season, playing safe compaed to the previous one. Season 3 for me had some of the best and also some of the worst episodes of the show but you could feel they were at their fullest in each of them.

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
My favorites of season 4 where Black Museum and USS Callister. I actually was prepared to dislike Black Museum since I hate they try to convey they are set in the same universe so I was pleasantly surprised. Crocodile had potential but they blew it in the last 20 minutes and I'm honestly baffled by how many people loved Hang The DJ.

Overall, I felt it was a lukewarm season, playing safe compaed to the previous one. Season 3 for me had some of the best and also some of the worst episodes of the show but you could feel they were at their fullest in each of them.

Hang the DJ was cute and romantic with a happy ending for a change. Crocodile was the worst episode ever! Boring and guilt made her stupid.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hang the DJ was cute and romantic with a happy ending for a change. Crocodile was the worst episode ever! Boring and guilt made her stupid.

I think that in Crocodile they first had more the concept of what they wanted to do (Detective story where people can scan memories) which was intriguing but the execution was so poor it almost feels like they were winging it as it went along.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okaaaaaay…

First episode of Season 5 - Striking Vipers...

Lurve me some Anthony Mackie, but this one left me thinking "Huh?" - Maybe because I'm totally not into Gaming/VR, but just wasn't feeling it - (No pun intended) :Shrug:

BlackKnight1974

Registered
Reaction score
Surprised no one has mentioned "Hated in the Nation". I thought it was a good story, well delivered. Also thought White Christmas was a good idea.

I like most of the episodes, although I do agree that the quality varies massively between episodes.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've watched one episode of season 5. Not sure I'll watch more, since reviews are pretty consistently disappointed versus earlier seasons.

It's possible they've shark-jumped.