Saturday Sprint! (Writing! Words! Magical!)

Jaegur

mmmm words.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

So, I've taken it upon myself to turn this weekend into a three day weekend! Yay! My main goal with all of this free time? Write!

But it gets so lonely, with only my wife's cats for company. There's one that enjoys perching on my shoulder and headbutting me, but that's beside the point.

Why am I bothering you with this useless information? Well, I hang out a bit on Twitter, and love when there are writing sprints going on! You know, you make and follow a hashtag, announce a thirty minute sprint, then at the end of those thirty minutes you announce how many words you managed to write, and someone keeps a running total so we can all be impressed!

I'm thinking about doing this tomorrow, starting some time in the morning and going until I just can't write anymore, or you can't write anymore, or all the words have been written.

Anyone interested in joining me?

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
What hashtag do you want to use? Maybe something like #w1s1sprint

I won't be around all day, but I'll be around some, especially this evening (I'm Eastern time zone). You can always send a tweet to @aggy_c to see if I'm around. :)

Jaegur

mmmm words.
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Aggy! Well, since I've been inviting people from other parts of the forum as well, I figured something generic like #satsprints or something similar. I was saying #saturdaysprint, but then realized that's like half the allotted length of a twitter message, hehe.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Aggy! Well, since I've been inviting people from other parts of the forum as well, I figured something generic like #satsprints or something similar. I was saying #saturdaysprint, but then realized that's like half the allotted length of a twitter message, hehe.

Gotcha. :)

I'll look for it later when I'm better prepared to write.

(You are aware of the #wordmongering hashtag, right? You can almost always find folks ready to do a 30 - minute session under #wordmongering.)

Jaegur

mmmm words.
Registered
Reaction score
No I wasn't... but I shall now check it out, thanks!