Calligra 2.6 Released (with Author)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivetoesten

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy guys,

Just a FYI. I posted about Calligra some time ago to mention Calligra Author, a word processor that can export directly to epub. I don't use it myself (I like to write in plain text), but Author and the rest of the Calligra Suite is a nice project. It's noteworthy if only for heralding the news that there's "more than one way to do it" when it comes to word processing.

Here's a link: Calligra 2.6 Released.

fivetoesten

Registered
Reaction score
oops I meant to post to Tech Talk... sorry.

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
It is quite an item. CalligraWords is a little young for my taste yet (meaning it needs development -- I just crashed it without trying, and it needs a few more features). But the Windows port of Krita that comes with the suite is nice, if you're into art. I'm definitely trying it all out more when I switch to Linux for eeryday work.

I was attempting to get something set up to save as Epub when I crashed it. Seemed like it would work better if the whole thing had been created in CalligraWord.

The best free Epub converter/editor I've found is Sigil. Takes some extra work to do it from Word, but you can keep editing it until it's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.