Experienced Writer Starting From Scratch

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
So, there was a time when my writing business was self sustaining and I stopped doing it for various reasons. I lived in Germany for a while and that had a lot to do with as well as several personal situations...

Now, I find myself in a position where I need the income and now I am starting from nothing.

I basically got burned out on the freelance life. I hated trading my time for money and I wanted more residual income than I had so I wouldn't have had to work so hard.

I am trying very hard to do things right this time by increasing my rates, encouraging repeat clients, and absolutely building my residual income from my own projects.

Has anyone else on here been through this? It kind of stinks starting from the beginning!

Last edited:

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
Well, hello you!

I logged in after ages and it's lovely to see you here. Sorry to hear you had to take a break, but glad to see you're back in it again.

I don't think you're starting for scratch. Your experience certainly counts for a lot and don't hesitate to mention it in your queries. Also mention what you've been up to, depending on who you're pitching, of course. I think you can easily phrase your bio so that it seems you've been chasing exciting opportunities that have come your way. Fake the confidence!

Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like to catch up or wanted more detailed help on queries or anything else.

Good luck! (I hope you check in and see this message soon. I realized just now that you posted it over a month ago.)

jimmysdevoted

Registered
Reaction score
welcome back

I have to agree your name is still marketable and all the people need is a refresh of what you have done before. Your resume and portfolio is still your calling card.
To get back on the horse maybe you should start again on a miniature pony??? Try something small and get back into the swing of things.
Your not gone and forgotten justa on break.. its all still there. WHAM has lots of outcalls.