Accessibility Technology -- Research

PivotalSyntax

Luftmensch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eloquentabandon.wordpress.com
Hello everyone, just a brief introduction: I'm an engineering student (who enjoys writing, no doubt) conducting research into disabilities and accessibility barriers associated with those disabilities. I'm literally at the beginning of my research, and thus I only have a very general conception of disabilities and current accessibility technologies. I'm looking to limit down my research to a specific area that could benefit from a technical solution to a barrier created by a disability (and it can be possibly any type of disability, whether physical or mental, or beyond). We will actually be looking for technical solutions and prototyping our concept. The goal is to pair up with a community group, or any local entity which would be interested in providing feedback for this endeavour.

So my question for the forum is: Do you, or anyone you know, face an accessibility barrier due to a disability which could benefit from a technical solution?

Thanks everyone!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
This topic seems better suited to the Story Research forum, so I'll move it there now from Office Party.

Best of luck with your work. Sounds like a challenge and quite interesting.

Deleted member 42

So my question for the forum is: Do you, or anyone you know, face an accessibility barrier due to a disability which could benefit from a technical solution?

Thanks everyone!

Go to your university's Office for Students/faculty with disabilities.

They'll have someone or several people for accessibility is a profession.