• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

CarAccessories.com

ctudor

Registered
Reaction score
In February 2012 I was hired by Caraccessories.com to write content for their website. I was referred to them by a website developer I had worked with several times.

I interviewed Elena, the principle person in the company and wrote the copy, which was followed by a revision. It was then posted on their Home Page and repeated on the About Us page. I submitted an invoice for $130.00. She said it was higher than she expected, but that she would pay it and asked me to give her time to do so. I said okay.

But as time passed, she continued to put me off with the excuse that business was bad until I finally decided this was simply a ploy. I confirmed this when I contacted the website developer and learned that Caraccessories.com still owed him money too.

I finally submitted an official complaint on the U.S. Department of Justice website. I was interviewed by a law enforcement officer who then contacted www.caraccessories.com and informed them they needed to pay for the content on their site.

And they still haven’t paid.

Although they recently removed my content from their Home Page, it is still on the About page.

I can live without the $130.00. But it is completely unacceptable to me that caraccessories.com continues to illegally publish my content on their website. It amazes me they have this level of audacity--even to defy a law enforcement officer!

I would like others to know about the unethical behavior of www.caraccessories.com. I don’t recommend anyone doing business with them. Perhaps if this story circulates the Internet they might discover that seo can be both positive and negative.

ctudor

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't heard back from the law enforcement officer since they contacted www.caraccessories.com about paying for the content they have posted on the About page of their website.

I guess I'll try after the holidays to see what they recommend next.

ctudor

Registered
Reaction score
Caraccessories.com continues to steal content

Caraccessories.com is dishonest and not to be trusted. It sells personalized and customized after-market car accessories for your car. The idea behind this is to personalize and customize your automobile in order to improve the car’s appearance and add to its life.
Caraccessories.com presents itself as an honest business. After all, why wouldn’t someone want to personalize and customize their car with attractive car accessories? But Elena Maria, the owner is dishonest. She hired me to write content for the website at www.caraccessories.com and never paid me for it. I wrote the content in February of 2011 and it is now almost March of 2012. So it has been over a year now and caraccessories.com continues to publish the personalized and customized content I wrote on the About Page of caraccessories.com.
You should be very careful about customizing and personalizing your car by buying personalized and customized car accessories from caraccessories.com. If Elena Maria will openly and unethically publish intellectual property on the About Page of caraccessories.com, you have to wonder what other unethical business practices she is involved in. There are many other car accessories businesses online to buy car accessories from beside caraccessories.com.
Choose another car accessories business to buy personalized and customized car accessories from and stay away from www.caraccessories.com.

francisbruno

New Member; Teach Me About Thick Skin!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.francisbruno.com
How about issuing a DMCA notice to their web provider? IANAL, but if they didn't pay you for it, and are still hosting it, you should be able to force the whole site down if they refuse to remove it. Also, since it is to the web provider, they can't really just ignore it.

Just a thought.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Tw/FB ceased early '15, site gone soon after.