Baldur's gate: Enhanced Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKoB

Smooth Operator
Registered
Reaction score
Baldurs Gate II was the WHOPPER!!
A bit slow in the beginning but a really rewarding gaming experience.
How does the first part compare to its sequel? Same quality of storytelling and same pace as the first part?

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I like that they're also releasing an iPad version. Wonder what the file size on the iOS version will be?

Romantic Heretic

uncoerced
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.romantic-heretic.com
I'll pass.

I discovered something playing Dragon Age. I'm just as misanthropic playing RPGs as I am in real life. I hate dealing with all the 'goals' and problems that arise thereof with party members.

It's why I'm enjoying BioShock 2 so much. I don't have to interact with anyone save with weapons.

TroyJackson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tempestworks.com
If they started making these type of games again, I would be all over it. LOVED them all (Planescape: Tormet, Baldur's Gate, and even way back to Pools of Radiance, etc.).

TheKoB

Smooth Operator
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Dark Alliance was rather funky, especially the Coop-Mode, yet it has little to nothing to do with the original series safe for the universe :D

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
I like that they're also releasing an iPad version. Wonder what the file size on the iOS version will be?

1.7 Gigs. I downloaded this for my iPad. Just finished the tutorial part.

It's not bad, but interface differences can make getting reminders of things like what the various icons mean dificult (no hover = no tooltips).

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
It's taken me a while, but I've started to really dig this game!

Though...

You know, the success of X-Com: Enemy Unknown has me thinking that people could totally go for a six party Bioware RPG. Especially if it has a really sound, but still fast paced and dramatic turn based tactical element to it, a la X-Com.

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I are thinking of getting this, but he's done some reading and has a few concerns. A lot of people seem to think that the community patches to the game were better and more complete than the Enhanced Edition changes. Can anyone comment on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.