• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Bookouture

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Aruna, for the info and good wishes!

I'm speaking at a writer's event on Saturday and I'll certainly mention the call! The usual caveats apply, of course, but they look like they are going strong. My hopes for the zany sci-fi romance I sent them dwindle as the days pass, but I'd still send them a women's fic/romance, regardless, if I had one ready.

And good luck Tricerotops on the thriller! Could be 'the one'.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Aruna, I looked for your book "Small Fortune ..." on the Barnes & Noble site. It's available in paperback but not ebook there.

I don't have a Kindle, I have a Nook. There was a link to "ask this publisher to make this a Nook book" so I clicked on that.

For digital, are they only doing Amazon at this point?

And congratulations on your sales! That's terrific. Well-earned.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I'll find out from our publicity person -- I know that they did an Amazon Select promotion for Of Marriageable Age but I don't know about this one. I'll find out. In the meantime, pm me your email address.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck to us! I'm at 28 days on a re-release submission. Half-way to their two month response time and working on other things to keep myself busy! *fingers crossed* to hear good things from my fellow AW submit ors!

Last edited:

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Alas, a rejection this morning. Gutted, but not surprised. It was a standard form R, received at 29 days. I have in mind one other house that might take my zany sci-fi re-release, after which I will probably have to self-pub it if I want to finish the series. Strangely, I'm feeling relieved which is a reaction I've never had to a rejection before. Not, I must say, because I have misgivings re Bookouture. Quite the contrary, so some inner searching is in order! I'll still submit to Bookouture again, at some point, if I write something that better suits their list. Ho-hum, rejection is never nice, no matter my wonky reaction, so I'm taking a break from my current WIP and splurging on a ginormous cuppa of Earl Grey with chockie bicky.

Good luck to Rose and Tri!

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Aruna. I have now been fortified by tea and chocolate, and I've just received copy edits for my next contemporary romance so no time to ponder what to do with my re-release until that's turned around. Nothing like a deadline to wipe away the humphs!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the news, guys. I've been watching this thread closely and am rooting for you all. I was going to sub if my pending ones fall through. Love the covers, Aruna, love yours. They're on Netgalley too which is a great plus.

Irishgal

Registered
Reaction score
Bookouture

Hey everyone, I've been watching this thread on and off and I know how nerve wracking it can be choosing which publishers to submit to.

I was signed by Bookouture in a three book deal late last year and I'd like to say they've treated me wonderfully. I'm previously a self published author with a book that sold quite well, and could have easily taken that route again. However there was something about Bookouture I really liked, and I'm so pleased my intuition served me well by helping me trust my gut and submit the first of my three novels in my DC Jennifer Knight series, Don't Turn Around.
It's currently on Amazon to pre-order, but will be released on 24th April. I just wanted to say the team at Bookouture have been amazing. The editors, publicist, and fellow authors make it like one big family, and they are very approachable and friendly. I've had fantastic input in every area of this book and anyone who has ever self published will know that it can be quite hard to let go if you're used to having your say. From the edits, to the name, and cover design, they've been with me every step of the way. Truly marvellous. I hope I can inspire you to submit!

Caroline Mitchell
www.caroline-writes.com

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
YAY! Hope it all goes swimmingly! They rejected my previously pubbed novel, but I've got them in mind for a new contemporary, later on in the year. Happy to see another contetned writer, and hope your sales are fab!

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
It seems like only yesterday you contacted me to ask for an honest opinion, Caroline. So glad I could encourage you and you're happy with your choice! Wishing you all the best to your launch and lots of sales!
I won't say any more but from the reports I've heard I see good things ahead for you! The reviews to date are brilliant, and I'll be reading it pretty soon.

Irishgal

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, yes it does only seem like yesterday I contacted you and asked what they were like as a publisher, and you were very helpful and encouraging!
I'm thrilled with pre-sales, and Goodreads bloggers reviews. I'm just polishing off book two before submitting to the editor, who has been brilliant to work with. I can't praise them enough. Keep writing and keep trying is my advice for anyone submitting. :Hug2: