NaNoWriMo 2012

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Who's doing NaNoWriMo this year?

I just signed up at nanowrimo.org -- my user name is alexshvartsman. Hope to see some of you over there!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
I've never done NaNo before, but signed up this year. I'm very certain I won't be hitting 50k in a month, but I thought maybe it would help get me motivated to dive into the new novel I've been thinking about starting ever since early summer (I have about 600 words so far!)
Good luck with it, Alex. By the way -- how was VP??
(Eliza C was taken, so my username for NaNoWriMo is ElizaC.)

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
VP was absolutely awesome. I can't recommend it highly enough! If you are able to, apply and go.

And you're added to my buddy list on NaNo :)

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
My keyboard lost the ability to produce question marks yesterday. Should lead to interesting dialogue.

(Also, the last letter of the alphabet, but i can usually work around that).

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing it, but I don't want another forum distracting me so I'll be sticking here. I'm already 20000 in so making headway already.

Alex -- really excited you are writing a novel, I'd pay to read that. :)

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's a dedicated NaNoWriMo sub-Forum farther down the Forum Listings.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing NaNo. But only writing on Sundays pretty much guarantees I won't hit 50k by the end of the month. 12.5k words in one day (four weekends in a row) is just a little too much to count on.

But, I'm still trying to get as much done as I can. My username at NaNo is aggy c. :)

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing it, too. First time. Not sure what I am writing about. I have two ides so I am going to write a first chapter for both and see which one feels easier to write. My username over there is also gettingby.

GreenRoom

brain in a vat
VPXVI
Registered
Reaction score
VP was absolutely awesome. I can't recommend it highly enough! If you are able to, apply and go.

And you're added to my buddy list on NaNo :)

I'm doing nano as well this year. My user name is: greenroom

Also, I second Alex's feeling's on VP. It really was awesome. I'm very glad I went.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
I'm using NaNo to finish a story I started last year. I only got 7K in last time, so I still have a lot to do. Thank-god I found my notes or else I'd be totally lost this November.

I'm on the NaNoWriMo forums as AYearOnSaturn.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing it too, but cheating (NaNoCheaMo!) -- username is cicada

My goal is to finish the current short story and count the words added to it, then once that's done, if the month isn't over, start working on a novel.

I don't expect to hit 50k, but if I finish the story and get any kind of a start on the novel, I'll consider myself a winner :)

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing it this year. I managed to get almost 10,000 words today. If anyone's interested in being writing buddies, I'm on there as Ryan Mueller.

mrajotte

Inkslinging Insomniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maryrajotte.com
I'm in for my 6th year (I think). I'm working on the project I started in 2010. I got about 20K in but then my cat died so I didn't finish :( Hoping to do so this year!

I'm Myrrh on the forums.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Okay - I added all of you as writing buddies that I could find and was pretty sure it was the right person.
While doing that I discovered that my username there is actually ElisaC
(I guess Eliza C and ElizaC were both taken, so anyone who added ElizaC is talking to someone else!) Book is actually "Erebus" but the title is just listed as WIP

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
How do you find or add writing buddies?

Also, have any of you had trouble keeping up with writing a story a week and doing NaNo?

Taylor V

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ironypolicy.wordpress.com
I'm doing it, but kind of cheating. I've already been working on a novel, so I'm just going to keep working on it, but I signed up to give myself some more external motivation to work on it consistently. My username there is taylor v

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
I forgot to put my username here! V1ctorya at nano. But I'm getting used to the website, it likes to jam my computer.

Still, yeah!

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
How do you find or add writing buddies?

Also, have any of you had trouble keeping up with writing a story a week and doing NaNo?

I always count any words of fiction written toward my monthly goal. Any short stories get added to whatever has been written on the longer novel project.

For example, in June when I did Camp NaNo I only wrote about 300 words on the novel. But I wrote 20k on other projects. (Still not enough to "win" for the month, but stuff happens.) During the August Camp I wrote mostly on the novel and only a teeny bit on other stuff.

In short, you do what works for you. NaNoWriMo is about putting words on paper, not exclusively about writing a novel. ;)

kalevin

Dark and twisty, like licorice.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kalevingston.com
I'm signed up for extra motivation to finish the novel I'm working on. Doubt I'll hit the full 50K, but I've said that every year I've participated and won anyways. Guess we'll see. ;) Over there I'm karundell. Best of luck, W1S1 peeps!