My first experience with an Ebook Publisher

Kingson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations! With the new terms of RH's digital imprints, this is suddenly something worth opening champagne over. Super.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
First off, Kingson, congrats on your deal and I hope you make a million bucks. If you do, buy my book, please!:D

FWIW, here are my impressions. Some e-publishers will assign a good editor to work with you and make suggestions as to how to improve your original work. Not all of them--I've read and heard the horror stories and I also had the misfortune of working with someone who didnt know what they were doing on a previous novel. The publisher also folded two months after it came out and that's the way it goes...er, went. I'm not all that knowledgeable, but what I have learned so far from the more experienced writers here is that there's good and bad in every publisher, even the more established ones and that's the way it goes. It ain't fair...but that's life.

With my novel Death Bytes (see avi) I worked with a very fine editor who had me do no less than three revisions, checking on every little comma and period and concentrating on syntax which I've always struggled with. If there ARE any mistakes, it won't be her fault but mine, mainly because I was going through the manuscript late at night and yes, I might have skipped something. (I don't think I did:)).

The publisher (DevineDestinies.com) also formatted the book very well, and I had the good fortune of having a fabulous artist draw up the cover which is exactly what I wanted. Now, not everyone will be this lucky. I hope with my next two novels (due out next year) I'll have the same good fortune. (These novels should be out in print--we'll see). I've been in touch with the editors and they seem very much on the ball, and I've also seen the cover for my newest novel and it's pretty cool.

Just my thoughts on all this. Once again, congratulations!

Kingson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
First off, Kingson, congrats on your deal and I hope you make a million bucks. If you do, buy my book, please!:D

A million thanks. And I'll be sure to buy a million copies of your book!